North Stand Expansion

This! St Marks Stand is a great name imo. It will get all those who don't know anything about the history of City looking into it and remind the whole footballing world that we were formed over 143 years ago and have a long and distinguished history.
And everyone wears black with the Maltese cross :)
Sorry to be pedantic, but nobody knows what colours St Marks wore. The team in black were Gorton.

The cross was a Cross Pattée, not a Maltese cross.

Plus, St Marks > Gorton > Ardwick were not then > Manchester City. City were formed as a new club in 1894 with no forerunners despite some people from each of the SM>G>A club being involved.

I haven't checked back so don't know if it's previously been suggested, but what about:-

The Citidel, which means 'fortress, typically one on high ground above a City.'

I cannot think of anything more apt!
Pretty sure Citadel was a suggested name for the stadium before we moved in and decided on City of Manchester Stadium

Sorry to be pedantic, but nobody knows what colours St Marks wore. The team in black were Gorton.

Plus, St Marks > Gorton > Ardwick were not then > Manchester City. City were formed as a new club in 1894 with no forerunners despite some people from each of the SM>G>A club being involved.
Looks slightly like a Knights Templar cross? Maybe it’s because we are about to go on a crusade in Turkey again?

It bloody would as a one off and limited edition.

BDB10427-D5-D8-45-D0-9-BE9-5-D03-CE8122-D5.webp

Obviously Nike no longer make the City Kit.

View attachment 75348

Back to topic. Apologies.
Thats a thing of beauty...!!!

Looks slightly like a Knights Templar cross? Maybe it’s because we are about to go on a crusade in Turkey again?
Does it need a name ? Not bothered either way myself, of all the old home terraces most have gone when clubs located to new grounds and of the existing ones perhaps only the Kop and the Holt End are anything like they were before all seater stadiums were introduced ! I'm older enough to remember the North Stand being built at Maine Road and for its first season it was all standing and the atmosphere was electric probably as a lot of us moved from the Kippax to be behind a goal and I more traditional home end ! If the club get the design right and make it reasonable priced the atmosphere will take care of itself and that's what we all want no matter it ends up getting called

What does the cross Pattee symbol mean?

The insignia of the fire service is the Cross Pattee-Nowy, otherwise known as the Maltese Cross. The cross represents the fire service ideals of saving lives and extinguishing fires.

Does it need a name ? Not bothered either way myself, of all the old home terraces most have gone when clubs located to new grounds and of the existing ones perhaps only the Kop and the Holt End are anything like they were before all seater stadiums were introduced ! I'm older enough to remember the North Stand being built at Maine Road and for its first season it was all standing and the atmosphere was electric probably as a lot of us moved from the Kippax to be behind a goal and I more traditional home end ! If the club get the design right and make it reasonable priced the atmosphere will take care of itself and that's what we all want no matter it ends up getting called

I really liked the City of Manchester stadium name when we first moved to the new ground. It resonated with me and every City fan. I appreciate times change and the Etihad sponsorship deal brings in millions to the club (and ridicule), but it will never have the same meaning as the City of Manchester stadium, albeit it’s just a name.

I really liked the City of Manchester stadium name when we first moved to the new ground. It resonated with me and every City fan. I appreciate times change and the Etihad sponsorship deal brings in millions to the club (and ridicule), but it will never have the same meaning as the City of Manchester stadium, albeit it’s just a name.

I’m still not passed just calling it “The new ground.”

I’ve asked Danny, one of the City Matters Reps, to ask the club at the upcoming meeting, if the North stand is going to be named the Centurion stand or not. He has kindly agreed to do that. Hopefully the answer won’t be classed as confidential by the club, meaning the City Matters Reps can’t discuss it with or make it public to other City fans?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.