North Stand Expansion

I honestly think the opportunity to expand and fill the stadium has , not so much gone, but the club have gone about it totally the wrong way.
Regular match going fans , ‘legacy fans’ (ffs) have been marginalised for the day tripper who will come and spend at the shop etc.

The totally needless rise in price this season pissed me off. It isnt the money, its the pointlessness of it.

We could expand to 60+ thousand easily and fill it (priced right etc) but i dont think the owners are overly bothered

We don’t have the plastics like United and Liverpool have. Even Arsenal are suffering from empty seats at the Emirates. Only United and Liverpool can fill their stadiums for most home games. A few empty seats have started to appear at United of late.

What we do have is a solid and expanding hardcore of fans. The vast majority are low to middle income working class fans, with a small percentage of wealthy fans. We’ve also got a slowly growing fan base from outside Manchester. This is evident in PL games, and more so in CL games. We also get a lot of football tourists coming to watch City at weekend home matches

But we’ve lost a lot of local fans through season ticket and match day ticket price increases over the years (here jrb goes again), and through forced relocations inside the stadium on different occasions and throughout the years to make way for new corporate areas and seating. We need to get those fans back for a start. And also attract new local City fans with more cheaper season ticket and match day ticket prices. The games in the early rounds of the Carabao Cup, FA Cup, and CL group stages prove cheaper tickets do attract more local fans. Over the last few seasons we have had 50,000+ attendances for early round FA Cup games.

If the club expands the North Stand it has to somehow balance match day income with cheaper season tickets and match day tickets in an effort to attract those City fans that have walked away and City fans who are desperate to watch City, but are priced out at current season ticket and match day ticket prices. If City did that they could fill an expanded North Stand and a 60,000 capacity Etihad.
We don't have slowly growing anything.
Our fan base Worldwide now numbers 100 million, with 1% of those in the UK, that's 1 million.
5 years ago when we played in the USA, opposition fans in the stadiums outnumbered City fans 10 to 1.
This pre season it was the opposite, 90% City, all in the new tops!
Even outnumbered Bayern, the biggest brand in the World.
My son is down in Devon presently, with his mates. They watched the match in a pub where City outnumbered United fans watching their game, they left sharpish, and the place filled with City for our game.
Don't underestimate our rapidly growing fan base.
Yes ticket prices need looking at, but unfortunately the 'day tripper' is who clubs want to attract
They have more disposable income, spend more on food, drink and merchandise, even hospitality.
Maybe we need to do what West Ham have done. They have 55000 season ticket holders, and seem to fill the seats with few no shows. Maybe their system of passing on the ticket is easier to fathom out.
I'm trying with my sons who will still be in Devon next Saturday. Yes I can try and sell it on ticket exchange, thats piss easy to do, but how do I give it one of my mates FFS?
We don’t have the plastics like United and Liverpool have. Even Arsenal are suffering from empty seats at the Emirates. Only United and Liverpool can fill their stadiums for most home games. A few empty seats have started to appear at United of late.

What we do have is a solid and expanding hardcore of fans. The vast majority are low to middle income working class fans, with a small percentage of wealthy fans. We’ve also got a slowly growing fan base from outside Manchester. This is evident in PL games, and more so in CL games. We also get a lot of football tourists coming to watch City at weekend home matches

But we’ve lost a lot of local fans through season ticket and match day ticket price increases over the years (here jrb goes again), and through forced relocations inside the stadium on different occasions and throughout the years to make way for new corporate areas and seating. We need to get those fans back for a start. And also attract new local City fans with more cheaper season ticket and match day ticket prices. The games in the early rounds of the Carabao Cup, FA Cup, and CL group stages prove cheaper tickets do attract more local fans. Over the last few seasons we have had 50,000+ attendances for early round FA Cup games.

If the club expands the North Stand it has to somehow balance match day income with cheaper season tickets and match day tickets in an effort to attract those City fans that have walked away and City fans who are desperate to watch City, but are priced out at current season ticket and match day ticket prices. If City did that they could fill an expanded North Stand and a 60,000 capacity Etihad.

Our fan base Worldwide now numbers 100 million, with 1% of those in the UK, that's 1 million.
5 years ago when we played in the USA, opposition fans in the stadiums outnumbered City fans 10 to 1.
My son is down in Devon presently, with his mates. They watched the match in a pub where City outnumbered United fans watching their game, they left sharpish, and the place filled with City for our game.
Yes ticket prices need looking at, but unfortunately the 'day tripper' is who clubs want to attract
They have more disposable income, spend more on food, drink and merchandise, even hospitality.
Maybe we need to do what West Ham have done. They have 55000 season ticket holders, and seem to fill the seats with few no shows. Maybe their system of passing on the ticket is easier to fathom out.
I'm trying with my sons who will still be in Devon next Saturday. Yes I can try and sell it on ticket exchange, thats piss easy to do, but how do I give it one of my mates FFS?
1. Add mate to Friends and Family (under Personal section of your account, Friends and Family: Manage My Relationships)
2. Select the game/seat you want to transfer (under Tickets section of your account)
3. Click transfer and select the supporter from your Friends and Family list.

Your mate then gets an email with the ticket link to download to their wallet.

100 million. Yeah, course we have. 8 billion people in the world - and at best 3.5 billion with a vague interest (thats how many watch the World Cup final), but in reality half of them couldn't give a rats arse about football most of the time. So, lets say 1.5 billion are interested in football (and I think that is grossly over the top but lets go with it...).
Anyway - if it was 1.5 billion you are saying 6% of them are Man City fans? Not in a million years. This is the same crap United pull with their 657million followers. What they mean is they estimate 657 million people have heard of them. If you are telling me there are even 100 million people who when asked 'who do you support' they answer "Man City" then whilst you are at it I know of a mate of mine who is trying to help a Nigerian prince to get at his money, is there any chance you could help? :-)

I won't even bother challenging the 1 million City fans in the UK - there aren't even that many that watch football across all England Scotland and Wales at weekend

1. Add mate to Friends and Family (under Personal section of your account, Friends and Family: Manage My Relationships)
2. Select the game/seat you want to transfer (under Tickets section of your account)
3. Click transfer and select the supporter from your Friends and Family list.

Your mate then gets an email with the ticket link to download to their wallet.
Does the mate need a supporters number or not ?

100 million. Yeah, course we have. 8 billion people in the world - and at best 3.5 billion with a vague interest (thats how many watch the World Cup final), but in reality half of them couldn't give a rats arse about football most of the time. So, lets say 1.5 billion are interested in football (and I think that is grossly over the top but lets go with it...).
Anyway - if it was 1.5 billion you are saying 6% of them are Man City fans? Not in a million years. This is the same crap United pull with their 657million followers. What they mean is they estimate 657 million people have heard of them. If you are telling me there are even 100 million people who when asked 'who do you support' they answer "Man City" then whilst you are at it I know of a mate of mine who is trying to help a Nigerian prince to get at his money, is there any chance you could help? :-)

I won't even bother challenging the 1 million City fans in the UK - there aren't even that many that watch football across all England Scotland and Wales at weekend
To be fair I’ve seen the number of fans, and younger families travelling up and down the M6 increase a lot these last few years. When my son went to school and played football he was the only lad in the town that wore a City shirt, now when we drive past the playing fields there are loads, and walking around town.

100 million. Yeah, course we have. 8 billion people in the world - and at best 3.5 billion with a vague interest (thats how many watch the World Cup final), but in reality half of them couldn't give a rats arse about football most of the time.
World cup tournament 3.5bill ^

The monday night komps header derby was 670m...a new record on the day, trumping the previous wcf by a stretch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.