North Stand Expansion

I currently sit in the Family Stand along with my mates. There is a good crowd around us who are of the older generation with the younger lads being in their early 20s. From where we sit, we don’t see that many younger families in and around our block.

I doubt they would move and relocate us all. We’re all established like most around the ground.

What I am interested in though,is whether the fans in North Stand Level 1 will have access to City Hall (I think that’s what it’s called)? This seems to be a self contained Hall, which is linked to City Square. The Hall will have its own entry point to allow it to be used as a standalone area.
Included a screen grab of the hall.

Attachments

• IMG_3009.jpeg
    IMG_3009.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
A little more on City Hall with a capacity of 1800. It’s probably been captured within the thread, but looking deeper I think this will be used by supporters from across the ground and the extension of City Square.

Attachments

• IMG_3011.jpeg
    IMG_3011.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
With City Hall designed to be used on non-match days too, it leads me to think that this will be more than just an overflow from the concourse, like the South Stand design. With an 1800 capacity, on match day, could this be an area that would need some sort of payment entry (corporate sports bar).

Looking at the banqueting options for non-Matchday, what sort of income could be generated on a Champions League night, if they used City Hall to sit down 800 people for a meal???

Attachments

• IMG_3013.jpeg
    IMG_3013.jpeg
    744.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3014.jpeg
    IMG_3014.jpeg
    869.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3015.jpeg
    IMG_3015.jpeg
    849.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I can't think of a single reason why City would move everyone in the family stand from the North stand to the South Stand to accommodate a singing section in the North stand. It would be extremely disruptive.

Logic would suggest leaving the N Stand L1 seating and as a family stand and N Stand L2 a mixture of Safe standing and seating.

Agree. You didn't see what you would call many SSL1 singers stood at City Square listening to Fanzone Danny and/or Natalie Pike interviewing some City celeb, band member, ex- player, etc. Most SSL1 singers want a few pints, want to talk and have a laugh with their mates, and want to listen to some Manchester tunes. That's why the new bar area behind SSL1 is always busy and works really well. It's like a proper bar and night club.

So what incentivises people in SSL1 to move? It's purely on the price of a ticket you'd imagine.

So what incentivises people in SSL1 to move? It's purely on the price of a ticket you'd imagine.
I’d say one of the main incentives is to move to a proper home end. If it’s got safe standing, I think it will look really impressive and I think that alone will tempt a lot of people.

Price is a big factor as well. Lots of people moved out of ss1 into ss3 because of pricing. I don’t think being stood near away fans is the deciding factor either.

With City Hall designed to be used on non-match days too, it leads me to think that this will be more than just an overflow from the concourse, like the South Stand design. With an 1800 capacity, on match day, could this be an area that would need some sort of payment entry (corporate sports bar).

Looking at the banqueting options for non-Matchday, what sort of income could be generated on a Champions League night, if they used City Hall to sit down 800 people for a meal???
So it will definitely open none match days ?

So Conference and Banqueting, Manchester has a shortage of really big venues for catering, weddings etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.