North Stand Expansion

Todays update

I notice in your videos you question when the cablenet support wires are being moved. I'm not sure they will be - see this view diagram (from the back row) from the Planning App Design and Access Statement showing those cables alive and well UNDER the new roof and also partially obscuring the view of the new Media Screens in the corners of the South Stand - not sure if that pitch view incursion by the old roof can be right however...

sightlines-from-top-seats.png

and this view from the TV Studio Upper Balcony very similar
sightlines-from-tv-studio.png

Last edited:
I notice in your videos you question when the cablenet support wires are being moved. I'm not sure they will be - see this view diagram (from the back row) from the Planning App Design and Access Statement showing those cables alive and well UNDER the new roof and also partially obscuring the view of the new Media Screens in the corners of the South Stand - not sure if that pitch view incursion by the old roof can be right however...

and this view from the TV Studio Upper Balcony very similar
They will stay where they are positionally. But they will be relocated, to a different supoort anchor point, removing the pier and rear tension cables.

They will stay where they are positionally. But they will be relocated, to a different supoort anchor point, removing the pier and rear tension cables.
Thats exactly what i mean when i say "moved"

Yeah I said the same the first week of the break, when they started putting the central bay up. Think they'll want it propped before they attempt a transfer. There is some activity around that area in the latest video, so maybe prep going on.

It is still a pretty crucial part, that suddenly unlocks a lot.

They can't resume piling for the back of the towers, till back cables are away. They can't therefore bring the back of the towers to ground. Which means they can't get the top overhang bit connected. And also can't get quadpods on top for the new roof support. The more they build either side of the towers they also restrict access for maneuvering the piers out of the way to complete the infil steel.

I am still very surprised by that bracing in the middle section at base level.
Has anyone seen a project plan (even at a high level) that outlines what's happening when, particularly over the next 10 weeks of the close season?

Has anyone seen a project plan (even at a high level) that outlines what's happening when, particularly over the next 10 weeks of the close season?
It’s in the PA. Can’t remember exactly how the works schedule is laid out.

Have they not paused or even cancelled the expansion yet given the latest news?

Been thinking about this while looking at the truly monumental size of this project. Only the drone footage properly gives you an idea.
We initiated these proceedings against the PL. We knew the 115 charges were being prepared and will come up for hearing in November. Both of these things must have taken months of careful, minute legal preparation.
Equally, the decision to go ahead with this expansion (who owns the future hotel by the way, I presume it's not ADUG? But in any case there must have been a lot of negotiation, a lot of coordination) must have been years in the planning, before getting the green light.
Something just doesn't add up. Either there's an awful lot we don't know (tell me something else that's new, you say) and that's going to come out in the wash, or the expansion is unbelievably foolhardy. Since Mubarak, to take just one, seems the last imaginable person to be foolhardy — he is a cool, ruthless customer, I always sense an iron fist under the velvet glove — I must rule the second option out of court.
We live in interesting times. Not going to be a boring summer just speculating about whether we're going to get Guimarães and whether Kev's off to Saudi.

It’s in the PA. Can’t remember exactly how the works schedule is laid out.
In fairness that one is well out of date now, and was for a different contractor. There is a loose sequence in the new CDM for sisk, but they don't give specific weeks or a timeframe, just the general order of things.

I've tried to summarise it on page 997, as a sequence. No real weeks to it, just how I read the order. I think steps 4-7 or so are meant to happen happen in the off-season.

In fairness that one is well out of date now, and was for a different contractor. There is a loose sequence in the new CDM for sisk, but they don't give specific weeks or a timeframe, just the general order of things.

I've tried to summarise it on page 997, as a sequence. No real weeks to it, just how I read the order. I think steps 4-7 or so are meant to happen happen in the off-season.
Thanks. Is there a way to pause the animated gif other than trying to take screenshots of each stage!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.