North Stand Expansion

Because the whole shebang with the PL at the moment is to redefine the rules of PL football to prevent any new ambitious owners coming through. They are too late with us but the redshirts can just about live with that, knowing that eventually we will not be as strong on the pitch as we are today (but they will continue to keep coming for us). The "115", Everton situation and changing the rules about related parties is clearly to prevent anyone else being able to attract the sort of investment or take the risks we did, you can see that with the effect on the transfer market in January, instead the only areas investors will be able to achieve any reasonable return is through the current top 6. Our charges will fold, but they will claim victory behind some nonsense like "UK law time-barred" or "inter-governmental coercion", that narrative is already being discussed.

The other clubs are just too stupid to see it, even though we have warned them time and time again.

Fuck 'em.
The red tops have had the power since 92, Spurs jusy cosy up,however, I don't think for one minute us,Newcastle,Chelsea,Villa are doing nothing behind the scenes.If it's true the new rules are being challenged shows their monopoly won't be eternal.

Apologies for definitely going completely off topic.

I will also post the video in the Stadium Developments thread where is should really be.

But the video is well worth watching when comparing new and redeveloped football stadiums.

How to change an 85,000 capacity football stadium into a 85,000 capacity indoor arena.

The video is slightly old as the Bernabéu is now completed.

The new Santiago Bernabéu stadium (home of Real Madrid) boasts a groundbreaking retractable pitch technology, offering unmatched versatility and event flexibility. Imagine a massive tray system holding the entire pitch, complete with grass, soil, and drainage. This tray weighs a staggering 3,000 tons! Underneath the pitch lies a gigantic "hypogeum," essentially a climate-controlled underground garage. Eight massive steel carts, each carrying a section of the tray, run on rails that connect the pitch to the hypogeum.

Pretty much replied to this before you posted it. I don't think you're overthinking it, I just think you're naturally a bit sceptical because we know revenues are the driving force behind decisions. But as I said above, they could have created plenty more hospitality areas within this design, and instead they've looked to maximise revenues from the wider facilities, the sky boxes and all that's really left to fret about is the impact of 700 padded seats amongst a wall of 9000 blues! Under 10%. It will be fine!
FWIW, I've been in the padded/corporate area at Spurs behind the away fans, and there was no lack of atmosphere coming from this area. Even if our padded seating areas are not vocal, they are well and truly outnumbered by those that are likely to be.

Am I being naive here, but why would our owners have gone ahead with this major redevelopment if they knew we were going to be found guilty of these 115 charges. I think the charges decision was made before any groundwork had started?

Hotel, office, retail, f&b space will still be that regardless. It will still generate income, and pay itself off. It is one big mixed use development of which the stand is only somewhere between a quarter and a third of the overall thing.

It is almost no different to trying to argue they are building this BECAUSE we are about to get kicked out of football, and they know they need other sources of income.

Of course both are pretty much completely unrelated.

A bit sad I know, but I just had to touch the crane section whilst I had the opportunity. :-)

Apologies for the slightly blurred pictures. I forgot to wipe the rain drizzle off the lens before taking the pictures.

DSC04554.jpg

DSC04555.jpg

DSC04556.jpg

DSC04557.jpg
For the wank bank ;-)

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but this is going to cause traffic problems whilst there doing it?

Likely start it on a matchday, then use the chaos and congestion as an example of how they need further measures to reduce traffic in the area...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.