North Stand Expansion

Why do u think vapes will be banned and for what reason? Surely vaping is safer then smocking cigs and a spliff.
I think it's looking back at the 1940's when smoking was cool and didn't know the long term harm, but we do now. Vaping is new and and we don't know the long term harm. So a ban allows investigation and removes a lead in to another form of nicotine addiction. But the ban proposed is on disposable vapes and the sweetie advertising to kids with some saying the environmental impact is excessive, other e-cigarettes are outside the proposal .

Exchequer will need to find a new income stream if the initiative for current 14 year olds never getting into vaping as the purchase age grows to 18. Though personally happy with that idea, get your income from corner shop enforcement fines, so hopefully my lad will never take it up. At nearly £20 for 20 it'll save him a fortune, and he does like having money, and he won't get popcorn lung so can carry on doing his basketball/football/swimming/cricket without getting out of breath.

I'm not sure about the smocking though, maybe for a 3rd kit and not available in an XXL

I think it's looking back at the 1940's when smoking was cool and didn't know the long term harm, but we do now. Vaping is new and and we don't know the long term harm. So a ban allows investigation and removes a lead in to another form of nicotine addiction. But the ban proposed is on disposable vapes and the sweetie advertising to kids with some saying the environmental impact is excessive, other e-cigarettes are outside the proposal .

Exchequer will need to find a new income stream if the initiative for current 14 year olds never getting into vaping as the purchase age grows to 18. Though personally happy with that idea, get your income from corner shop enforcement fines, so hopefully my lad will never take it up. At nearly £20 for 20 it'll save him a fortune, and he does like having money, and he won't get popcorn lung so can carry on doing his basketball/football/swimming/cricket without getting out of breath.

I'm not sure about the smocking though, maybe for a 3rd kit and not available in an XXL
See your point in a way but without derailing this thread too much I now vape after 50 yrs of smoking and feel a hell of a lot better for it. Even the NHS were prescribing it for folks who wanted to pack in. On a side note it’s now legal to sell cannabis and it’s other side products in Thailand but it’s illegal to vape in public but legal to take in and out of the country. The reason they give it attracts young kids to take it up (has other countries including the uk have said). But the real reason in Thailand they haven’t worked out yet how to tax it.

What are they doing in the gas towers? Looked like they were doing something inside.
Flattening the ground? Going to need to get a crane inside to lift the sections down onto vehicles is my guess.

It would be great if this area allowed wider or extra exits but I guess this isn’t part of the campus land so will probably lie unused for years.

Slightly off topic.

Manchester Life/ADUG are making changes to 2 residential developments in Ancoats due to rising construction costs.

I wonder how much extra it will cost to deliver the whole North stand redevelopment?

As we've seen with the Coop Live Arena, construction costs have increased markedly to construct it and to deliver it

PNW.

Manchester Life has made changes to two schemes that have become unviable since planning permission was granted.

Eliza Yard and Jersey Wharf, Manchester Life developments approved in 2021 and 2022 respectively, have been reworked to get around constrained viability.

The cost of delivering Eliza Yard has risen 30% since approval, while the Jersey Wharf project is now 20% more expensive to deliver.

Oh good! 2nd crane going up. Another two to follow within the next 4 weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.