North Stand Construction Discussion

I did notice there was a small road from the gasholder on to Bradford Road. Could be a useful extra exit to get out from the blue car park.
Probably need to run it by the council and residents etc. That'd run through the old Bluebird Buses depot. Sound call. Perhaps you're using too much common sense. There must be a potential route through to the old railway line, behind the Bradford Inn too. Historically there are 3 rail bridges, all closed to public access.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240229_090141_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240229_090141_Maps.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
I did notice there was a small road from the gasholder on to Bradford Road. Could be a useful extra exit to get out from the blue car park.
It goes through tunnel under the railway onto New Viaduct/ Broxton St probably a maintenance way onto the gas site The issue would be getting onto Bradford Road it would need some sort of traffic control as the way to the right is closed off at Hulme Hall Way due to that being closed for the post match
I used to park at the top end of New Viaduct St and it was a nightmare getting away

It goes through tunnel under the railway onto New Viaduct/ Broxton St probably a maintenance way onto the gas site The issue would be getting onto Bradford Road it would need some sort of traffic control as the way to the right is closed off at Hulme Hall Way due to that being closed for the post match
I used to park at the top end of New Viaduct St and it was a nightmare getting away
I think it would be better to just have it as pedestrian access/exit with a pedestrian crossing on Bradford Road. By reducing the numbers of people currently exiting onto Alan Turing Way it may be possible to allow cars to exit at the ATW/Briscoe Lane junction as well and there be less need to override the traffic lights after the match.

Question, if anyone knows?

Are the 2 large circular platforms viewing platforms, or do they just form part of the roof support system?

If they are viewing platforms, will they be open all week as part of the Etihad tour, or will they just be open on match days, if they will be accessible at all?

From the CGI’s it looks like there are 3 walkways linking the two circular platforms.

B81A138B-3CCF-4FFA-ABF5-4EBC4F6FC1AD.jpeg

75E86B07-D556-4F87-8700-AA88D1715E58.jpeg

DCC82DC7-B3D2-4A21-BD96-0582677A541F.jpeg

How bad does the hotel look here

1709238277840.png
If you Google Lens it

Its looks link this building in Edinburgh

1709238410622.png
@jrb
Check this out from Spurs Staduim

This looks cool as well, don't know if this is under the stadium in the car park but it is an amazing idea for an empty space that is only used when games are on

Do you fancy this @jrb , such a clever idea

Last edited:
I’ve never liked the hotel element of the North stand expansion. But that’s going back over old ground. It’s getting built, so I’ve just got to accept it.

Last edited:
Question, if anyone knows?

Are the 2 large circular platforms viewing platforms, or do they just form part of the roof support system?

If they are viewing platforms, will they be open all week as part of the Etihad tour, or will they just be open on match days, if they will be accessible at all?

From the CGI’s it looks like there are 3 walkways linking the two circular platforms.

View attachment 108595

View attachment 108594

View attachment 108596
It’s a walking circuit.

IMG_6592.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.