North Stand Expansion

At some point the club will need to box off the single seats between season tickets - writing to ask people to relocate one or two seats left or right…. Balls aching job but not a massive inconvenience to fans and it will make a few more blocks of 2, 3 and 4 seats available around the ground.

I hope I’m wrong. You may well be right.

Like everybody else I would *love to see the 62,000 capacity Etihad sold out for every home match*, even against lesser opposition, expanded CL group games, and domestic cup games. To sell out all of those games there has to be an innovative and affordable match ticket pricing structure by the club. At current and future match day ticket prices many of those games, especially the domestic cups, expended CL group stage games, unavoidable rearranged PL games, won’t sell out. The club has to tap into the 10,000’s of City fans who are desperate to watch the team play but can’t currently get a match ticket, can’t afford a match ticket, and for whatever reason have stopped going to the matches.

I’m not worried about the possible empty seats jibe and piss taking. I haven’t been arsed about that jibe for a very long time. It’s about filling every seat as often as possible and getting as many City fans as possible into the Etihad watching City. With Pep and this team there shouldn’t be an empty seat, even with a new capacity of 62,000 at the Etihad.
Totally agree. You'd be hard pressed to find a team with more heart and determination than City. You'd be hard pressed to find a better run club in the world. On the pitch, and in the boardroom, what has been achieved genuinely inspires me and fills me with pride. But we can't get away from reality. The reality that we haven't got thousands of people jetting in from Dublin or Oslo to watch us like the Rags, that we missed key recruiting years when you would either have to be local or a glutton for punishment to call yourself a Blue. The club is clearly now trying to make up for lost time in building an international and affluent fanbase, but there is a risk that comes at the expense of the fans from within 50 miles of the club who are at the heart of the matchgoing fanbase in a way that the Rags and Scousers should be jealous of. If the club doesn't get the balance right when the new stand opens, the results will be blue gaps. Not for the big six or big CL ties in a million years. But for your midweek games, games in poor weather, and games with PL sides who would rather put 11 men behind the ball than go toe to toe with us. These are the loyal and local games that at times this season we have seen go for £60 a ticket. Bearing in mind we can play five times in a two week period questions have to be asked about whether that is sustainable - not just of City but of the PL as a whole.

Last edited:
They won't be there once all relocations and S/C sales done. Once Match day sales start in the summer there will only be a some 2s the odd 3s but mainly singles. The 2 and 3 s will be snapped up pretty quickly in the scramble for tickets.

Similar amounts of seats available for in 303,304,306, 324, 328 for example.. no way those will be snapped up by existing ST holders and/or Flexi Gold ST's. or if they are, then we will see plenty of spare seats in L1.

1712760281179.png

Similar amounts of seats available for in 303,304,306, 324, 328 for example.. no way those will be snapped up by existing ST holders and/or Flexi Gold ST's. or if they are, then we will see plenty of spare seats in L1.

View attachment 113561
I speaking from experience.Try getting 2 or 3 together for games after the first few hours of match day tickets going on sale, in July. 2 or 3 years ago fairly easy the last 2, not easy at all.

Click on the link for the rest of the article.

Recently Cara Construction, a valued customer of Precon Products, embarked on a substantial and exciting project at the Etihad Stadium, home to Manchester City Football Club. The project was focused on extending the stadium to allow for extra capacity.

Due to our purpose-built machinery and skilled operatives we were able to produce Conform 2 to Cara Construction’s exact requirements. The permanent formwork was used for 4m deep steel reinforced pile caps and it greatly helped with a good level of strength to hold the back fill away from the reinforcement.

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0856.jpeg

IMG_0855.jpeg

IMG_0854.jpeg

View attachment 113561
What is this for please? I am desperately seeking 2 season tickets for me and my son…
I was under the impression the club weren’t releasing any new season tickets?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.