North Stand Expansion

Quite intrigued to see where that peculiar wee steel guy laid flat on the ground next to the tower goes. Could be the top level bridging element beteween the two that the new roof beams meet. Anyone else able to see anything more likely or obvious?

View attachment 113637View attachment 113638

Also, you can see just how tight it is getting now, to the existing structure at the top. At one point you can see it swaying in the wind, which highlights how little maneuvering room there is up there, for dismantling etc.

View attachment 113640View attachment 113641View attachment 113642
what part of that structure is the new black steel tower going to be? Is it a new roof support?

what part of that structure is the new black steel tower going to be? Is it a new roof support?

Pretty much yeah.

Those two towers are the main supports for the new roof. They each contain 5 escape staircases, a passenger lift and a goods lift, plus a couple small ancillary rooms that vary on different levels (telecoms, prayer, first aid room, pantry etc). At the top level the big part of them is VIP rooms and suites, with only one stair all the way down at that point, the other 4 replaced by larger rooms out to the stadium. My guess would be the lift is a dedicated sky-bar lift to go straight up to the vip bits, and not one that will stop at each concourse. But overall, they are the main structural 'cores' that take up the new roof and link the new concourses and seating tier to the office and hotel at the back.

Pretty much yeah.

Those two towers are the main supports for the new roof. They each contain 5 escape staircases, a passenger lift and a goods lift, plus a couple small ancillary rooms that vary on different levels (telecoms, prayer, first aid room, pantry etc). At the top level the big part of them is VIP rooms and suites, with only one stair all the way down at that point, the other 4 replaced by larger rooms out to the stadium. My guess would be the lift is a dedicated sky-bar lift to go straight up to the vip bits, and not one that will stop at each concourse. But overall, they are the main structural 'cores' that take up the new roof and link the new concourses and seating tier to the office and hotel at the back.
Thanks mate. Detailed and informative.
I sometimes watch the you tube coverage of progress and whilst the pictures are great, the guy that does it has as much idea as me as to the order of works and the detail if what we are looking at. You should offer to do the commentary for him.

Forced marches....Ageist cleansed to Lytham,Grange over Sands, Cartmel or Wythenshawe....Timed attendance at a care home on match day....Get to fuck.

We FOCs haven't gone through the shit of the 50s 60s 70s 80s & 90s to be binned of by some euthanasia supporting JCLs.

Get to fuck again !!
Hey I am a FOC so I am not having a go and them, it's just a fact our fan base is old and we are not going to be around long term, that needs to be addressed.

It's all very well expanding the stadium and increasing capacity, but has any thought gone into improving the public transport.

I’ve heard there’s a planning application being submitted next month for a zip wire from the top of the viewing platform on the roof of the North stand all the way down to Great Ancoats Street. City are also currently doing a feasibility study for a long flume running along the River Medlock from the Etihad Campus to Piccadilly Basin.

I’ve heard there’s a planning application being submitted next month for a zip wire from the top of the viewing platform on the roof of the North stand all the way down to Great Ancoats Street. City are also currently doing a feasibility study for a long flume running along the River Medlock from the Etihad Campus to Piccadilly Basin.
I hope it is a long LOG Flume.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.