North Stand Expansion

Anyone else think we are gonna be charged to enter the 3000 capacity fan zone ? Maybe a one off payment or even match to match. I’ve just got a feeling it isn’t gonna be a free for all, they may even tie it into facilities at the coop, throw in a drink & programme. What got me thinking was the 3000 capacity is constantly used in descriptions & ticketmaster are selling access tickets to concert goers for early entry, a drink, vip bar before & after, for £35!

The club shop is in there so I hope not :)

Just wondering what the general feelings are about this extension now, are we happy about its design, look and best use of space and resource ( money) ?

3/10. Like our season. And summer transfer business. And Pep's substitutions.

Anyone else think we are gonna be charged to enter the 3000 capacity fan zone ? Maybe a one off payment or even match to match. I’ve just got a feeling it isn’t gonna be a free for all, they may even tie it into facilities at the coop, throw in a drink & programme. What got me thinking was the 3000 capacity is constantly used in descriptions & ticketmaster are selling access tickets to concert goers for early entry, a drink, vip bar before & after, for £35!

I would imagine the multiple F&B offerings around it will be enough of a commercial gain to make it a free for all. If anything, charging entry could be counterproductive to the income they can generate through sales in those spaces which I imagine would be more significant.

I've not checked but surely for access (and egress) alone to the north stand seats you'll need to go through the fan zone?

Brilliant find pal. That'll be good to read through, but very on topic to the discussions on here.

It's the version shown as submitted on 11th January (Rev E).

Plenty of plans and illustrations in there which we can see emerging in front of our eyes now. Really useful document to compare and contrast and it provides indicative timings for things. Existing roof propping will be done this off-season. The section which I posted, showing the proposed propping of the roof and removal of back section shows just how monstrous this new stand will be. It's an absolute beast. And the roof design, directed down towards the pitch rather than up and away from it, is going to make a big difference to noise retention.

It's the version shown as submitted on 11th January (Rev E).

Plenty of plans and illustrations in there which we can see emerging in front of our eyes now. Really useful document to compare and contrast and it provides indicative timings for things. Existing roof propping will be done this off-season. The section which I posted, showing the proposed propping of the roof and removal of back section shows just how monstrous this new stand will be. It's an absolute beast. And the roof design, directed down towards the pitch rather than up and away from it, is going to make a big difference to noise retention.

Yeah really interesting stuff in there and clarifies a few things that I was wondering about myself. I'll read it properly before I say anything, but I get certain things now that I was hoping would become clearer as the build went.

I also think it shows a fair bit more 'credibility' by Sisk, that someone here questioned previously.

As an aside, I really hope they have done a whistling analysis on those sails.

If they get this right (which they won't) they should make this new end the cheapest part of the stadium but make it accesible to long serving and vocal fans. They could even sell the season tickets on a points basis. They could address so many issues at once. Atmosphere and ticket price unrest. The two are almost hand-in-hand because it's the working class fans who make the noise and who are the most disillusioned. Also the PR would be superb: club of the people and all that.

What an opportunity they have. They blew it once with the south stand extension and I bet they blow this one again.
A lot of the diehsrds will not want to move there as it is further from Mary D’s and the chippy shops.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.