North Stand Expansion

The article is probably nonsense JRB but there is little doubt they we have unprecedented demand for tickets.

Not doubting that Tim.

Hence why we all agreed the stadium should have been expanded years ago when City had the opportunity.

As it stands, it’s going to take at least 2 years to expand the North stand, the stadium capacity will be reduced (in the planning docs), and Pep probably won’t be manager by the time the stadium expansion is completed.

What City should do is put the large LED advertising boards into storage for 2 seasons and put back the 1000 seats they’ve removed.

Not doubting that Tim.

Hence why we all agreed the stadium should have been expanded years ago when City had the opportunity.

As it stands, it’s going to take at least 2 years to expand the North stand, the stadium capacity will be reduced (in the planning docs), and Pep probably won’t be manager by the time the stadium expansion is completed.

What City should do is put the large LED advertising boards into storage for 2 seasons and put back the 1000 seats they’ve removed.
I agree with all that JRB

Reactions: jrb
I'm sorry to crush the hopes of those who have been waiting to get a SC for years but this is how I think it will play out.

I was one of the many thousands who relocated into SS3 when it opened as I was already fed up with paying over £700 in ES3 then. I reckon the club were shocked at how many moved. However at that time I'm pretty certain that more or less all the vacated seats were allocated as SCs for other supporters. When the extended NS opens existing SC holders will get the opportunity to relocate so let's say 5000 out of the 7000 additional seats will be taken by these people. The seats remaining will be corporate and non SC only. This then, in theory, means that there will be 5000 seats to be allocated for full SCs elsewhere. Unfortunately that isn't what will happen. A small proportion will maybe be allocated as full SCs, a far larger number will be issued as Silver and the rest will just be sold on a match by match basis.

The outcome will be that there will be a very small net increase (if any) in full SCs but the proportion of full SCs in relation to the overall capacity will be less that it is now. The direction of travel is clear in that the club is unhappy with what a large number of existing SC holders are paying (hence the introduction of Silver) and this will be a great opportunity to do something about that.

I agree it's way off.

The club are being shady about the prospect of any new STs being released for next season.

Providing some form of incentive may soften the blow for Cityzen members paying £58 to £67 for A PL game.
Shady? The capacity will reduce slightly when they start the build proper, there won't be any new ST's for a couple of seasons at least.

heard from a reliable source that there is an embargo on all new season tickets until the new north stand is completed.

The only new season tickets I can envisage will be a handful of corporate ones, once the extension is completed I imagine that people will be able to relocate, but the seats vacated will become match day tickets sold to the new found fans, as they will make a hell of a lot more money out of them than they do the regular season ticket holder. There’s a new 400 bedroom hotel in this new development, so you can imagine the cost of a match package in there, with double, triple and family rooms you could be looking at the best part of 1000+ fans each match having to be supplied with a ticket, then the once in a season even lifetime visitor will probably spend 200-300 quid each in the store along with food and drink on top, this being at every home game, how much do you spend per match? See where I’m coming from the legacy fans are not coughing up enough till match by match whereas the new fans/tourists of the future will happily do so, along with happily snapping up all the boycotted tickets for the community shield. We’ve always said how united have been doing this for years, well we’re even going to put them 20 more years behind us off the pitch as well as on it once the nort stand extension is completed.

If we had anything like 120,000 waiting for season tickets the club would be looking to build a new stadium or an even bigger revamp/expansion that is now taking place.

I am certain there is a big demand for tickets but nowhere near the reported figure.
I’ve seen concept plans for an 85000 capacity stadium achieved by building the east and west stands out to envelop the spirals with a fourth tier.

Looks practical.

Not doubting that Tim.

I'm sorry to crush the hopes of those who have been waiting to get a SC for years but this is how I think it will play out.

I was one of the many thousands who relocated into SS3 when it opened as I was already fed up with paying over £700 in ES3 then. I reckon the club were shocked at how many moved. However at that time I'm pretty certain that more or less all the vacated seats were allocated as SCs for other supporters. When the extended NS opens existing SC holders will get the opportunity to relocate so let's say 5000 out of the 7000 additional seats will be taken by these people. The seats remaining will be corporate and non SC only. This then, in theory, means that there will be 5000 seats to be allocated for full SCs elsewhere. Unfortunately that isn't what will happen. A small proportion will maybe be allocated as full SCs, a far larger number will be issued as Silver and the rest will just be sold on a match by match basis.

The outcome will be that there will be a very small net increase (if any) in full SCs but the proportion of full SCs in relation to the overall capacity will be less that it is now. The direction of travel is clear in that the club is unhappy with what a large number of existing SC holders are paying (hence the introduction of Silver) and this will be a great opportunity to do something about that.

I don’t recon that you’ve crushed anyone’s hopes IMB.
As you very honestly mentioned, it‘s how you ‘think’ it will play out, and nobody gets crushed by a guess because they ain’t that heavy.

Your guess might prove to be absolutely accurate (if I had to guess it would be my guess too) but, if that is the case, it will be the reality that proves the burden.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.