North Stand Expansion

They are seats not cells ! lol

Hah, try convincing a few here!

My point is, this section won't physically be any different than the row in front or behind it. Even with padding. And chances are, cunts sat there won't be that different to cunts sat four rows back. Amongst it all, in large numbers.

It is purely a worry over a percieved guessed demographic.

My experience is, these days it is the younger folk that are far quicker to pay for premiums and perks, so who knows, this section may be the noisiest of the lot.

In my pre fan consultation and pre planning application naivety I had visions of AC Milan’s Curva South morphing into NSL2. Before :-) After. :-(

View attachment 103549

Genuine question, what's the difference?

There you go, no swearing or even sarcasm. Want to respond now?

Genuine question, what's the difference?

There you go, no swearing or even sarcasm. Want to respond now?

I wasn’t having a go at you. We’ve discussed the NS redevelopment civilly for months. You‘ve never swore before. :-)

Between the NSL2 proposal and the Curva South?

Both ends look pretty similar. Albeit they look different depth wise. The NSL2 proposal looks deeper. L1 on both stands look pretty similar.

As I’ve already posted, before the plans were made public by the club all the talk on here and elsewhere was about a proper home end, safe standing, and a singing section, which to be fair was pure speculation at the time, and which was never commented on by the club. I’ll admit that. But the club did intimate they were listening to the fans, and the club would take the fans views and opinions into consideration regarding the NS redevelopment. It’s fair to say that isn’t it, especially as the club asked the fans for their views and opinions via emails and roadshows at the ground and elsewhere.

I was hoping the front of NSL2 would be where the singers would be located, another official singing section, so the singers and singing could be more audible and could be heard more all over the ground, including the away end opposite, and would spread to NSL1 directly below, and across the ground to the other stands. I also wanted that location for banners and flags hanging from the front of NSL2, just like they used to do, and for the telescopic flags that are waved in SSL1, as they would be more visible around the ground. (the telescopic flags aren’t going to be waved or seen at the back of NSL1) What I pictured was something similar to the front of AC Milan’s Curva South. In hindsight it was naivety. In reality I just wanted the best for Pep, the team and the fans. That’s what I thought at the time. :-) And I still do, even though it won’t happen. :-(

Last edited:
I wasn’t having a go at you. We’ve discussed the NS redevelopment civilly for months. You‘ve never swore before. :-)

Between the NSL2 proposal and the Curva South?

Both ends look pretty similar. Albeit they look different depth wise. The NSL2 proposal looks deeper. L1 on both stands look pretty similar.

As I’ve already posted, before the plans were made public by the club all the talk on here and elsewhere was about a proper home end, safe standing, and a singing section, which to be fair was pure speculation at the time, and which was never commented on by the club. I’ll admit that. But the club did intimate they were listening to the fans, and the club would take the fans views and opinions into consideration regarding the NS redevelopment. It’s fair to say that isn’t it, especially as the club asked the fans for their views and opinions via emails and roadshows at the ground and elsewhere.

I was hoping the front of NSL2 would be where the singers would be located, another official singing section, so the singers and singing could be more audible and could be heard more all over the ground, including the away end opposite, and would spread to NSL1 directly below, and across the ground to the other stands. I also wanted that location for banners and flags hanging from the front of NSL2, just like they used to do, and for the telescopic flags that are waved in SSL1, as they would be more visible around the ground. (the telescopic flags aren’t going to be waved or seen at the back of NSL1) What I pictured was something similar to the front of AC Milan’s Curva South. In hindsight it was naivety. In reality I just wanted the best for Pep, the team and the fans. That’s what I thought at the time. :-) And I still do, even though it won’t happen. :-(

Mate, I swear a lot of the time. Honestly, there was nothing in that, just to clarify, it was just a part of how I speak at times.

I think the two stands are similar. The people and the flags make that one, but don't see why that can't happen in the NS. We don't know how what seats are priced in that.

Safe standing may yet happen, let's hope so. If indeed it does turn out to be a disappointment, that's a real shame and I'll totally agree with you.

Reactions: jrb
Do the current plans enable people in the lower tier to still be able to walk in the lower tier concourse from East stand to colin bell stand, like we do now - or does it look like the interior North stand area will be fenced/walled off (similar to how you currently can't walk past the tunnel club to the far end of the Colin bell stand/to the South stand?)

I'm east 102 but like that pre match I can walk inside the North concourse to the Colin bell stand area for a change/drink/gossip ;)

I only posted this yesterday but the thread has swept along with 12 pages of posts since then!

So reposting this again, in case anyone knows or has an idea. Thanks.

I only posted this yesterday but the thread has swept along with 12 pages of posts since then!

So reposting this again, in case anyone knows or has an idea. Thanks.
Yes. You should still be able to reach the existing North Stand concourse, like in the South Stand, as well as the additional concourse space behind it coming as part of "City Hall".

A couple of pictures of the crowd on Sunday.

PXL-20240107-142538768-MP-2.jpg

Note the hat fashion in ESL3.

PXL-20240107-144004611-MP-2.jpg

Noticed a camera on top of the spiral overlooking the NS construction site. Probably for internal viewing only. It might be a live webcam? I haven't come across any NS construction live webcams on the internet yet, similar to the Coop Live Arena live webcam.

PXL-20240107-145159479-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20240107-145014728-MP-2.jpg

img[

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.