North Stand Construction Discussion

Genuine question, what's the fucking difference? As proposed.

Physically, rather than your philosophical view of demographics by price.
Have I missed the law that states people sat in padded seats are not allowed to sing?

Valid points. Not going to argue about that. What I will say is the Tifo is only going to be used for big games, so it will only impact the GA+’s for those games. The GA+’s may even buy into the Tifo, not that they will have a choice on the matter.

One of the issues will be standing. There will be a huge split on NSL2 of fans who prefer and want to stand, and fans who want to sit after paying for a seat. Fans who stand aren’t bothered about paying for the seat to sit on. They want to stand. Look at the new Spurs how end, full of rail seating, Spurs fans stand in their new home end. The same with the KOP, the Stratford End, the Holte End, the Gallowgate End, the Shed end, Everton’s new single tier end will be full of Everton fans standing when it’s open, etc. Why is our NSL2 home end going to be any different with 8000 City fans in it, with many of them determined to stand and sing? As a rule singers don’t sit. I sing. I stand. I don’t sing and sit. It’s alien to me. Standing and singing is 2nd nature to me and other singers.
I’ve not been on this thread in a while - but is the plan to have rail seating in nsl2 or do we not know yet?

Ffs, imagine a lot will stay in the ss & corners if that’s the case

It’s a hard one to call.

It’s against ground regulations to stand in seated areas. Hence why Liverpool are already under pressure from the council and the authorities due to persistent standing by Liverpool fans in the new upper tier of the Anfield Road stand, which has just partially opened.

Liverpool’s message to fans amid persistent Anfield Road standing concerns​

Now replicate that and times it by 8000 in NSL2.

If you think back it was the club that quietly created an official singing section in block 115 from what was then an unofficial singing section. The club encouraged fans to relocate to 115 working with 1894 on the process. Of late the club has flooded 115 with stewards, and the Police have been in there. Season tickets are checked randomly by stewards trying to stop fans from other blocks going into 115. Fans from other blocks in SSL1 try and get into 115 because it’s popular, and because that’s where most of the chants start off. Whilst the club will see it as over crowding and against the stadium regulations, hence the recent clampdown in 115.

All part of the plan to make the singers so frustrated they move to the expanded NS mate!

In terms of some of your other posts, I get your frustrations. A new expanded NS 2nd tier with nearly 10,000 fans. It could have been epic. It feels somewhat diluted by the other elements. But, as to be expected, revenue is the driving force behind these proposals. That's goal number 1 - increase revenue. And in their feasibility studies they'll have come up with a number of scenarios to balance this. It's a compromise. You've got 9,000 potentially safe standing tickets within a single tier, with acoustic support from the walls behind and to the side. You might have some GA+ in the middle and they might be sat down. Odd yes, but it wouldn't make too much difference in the grand scheme of creating an atmosphere. I think sometimes you view these things through the eyes of a rival fan, who would think it looks odd seeing some empty seats at kickoff or people sat down amongst thousands of singers. But no one would care if we had 9,000 blues making a din in a stadium with 60,000+ people in it.

It's buzzing for the big games as it is. Add this expansion and the noise levels go up again with the improve acoustic design. As fans, sadly it's not perfect. But it's still better than people split between different sections in my opinion. But it has to be safe standing in at least the GA sections.

All part of the plan to make the singers so frustrated they move to the expanded NS mate!

In terms of some of your other posts, I get your frustrations. A new expanded NS 2nd tier with nearly 10,000 fans. It could have been epic. It feels somewhat diluted by the other elements. But, as to be expected, revenue is the driving force behind these proposals. That's goal number 1 - increase revenue. And in their feasibility studies they'll have come up with a number of scenarios to balance this. It's a compromise. You've got 9,000 potentially safe standing tickets within a single tier, with acoustic support from the walls behind and to the side. You might have some GA+ in the middle and they might be sat down. Odd yes, but it wouldn't make too much difference in the grand scheme of creating an atmosphere. I think sometimes you view these things through the eyes of a rival fan, who would think it looks odd seeing some empty seats at kickoff or people sat down amongst thousands of singers. But no one would care if we had 9,000 blues making a din in a stadium with 60,000+ people in it.

It's buzzing for the big games as it is. Add this expansion and the noise levels go up again with the improve acoustic design. As fans, sadly it's not perfect. But it's still better than people split between different sections in my opinion. But it has to be safe standing in at least the GA sections.

I fully accept revenue was and still is the major driving factor for the redevelopment of the NS. I’m sure the club have admitted that in private, but won’t admit it in public. That isn’t hard to guess though with the proposed NSL2 hospitality areas and seating layout.

I honestly don’t think NSL2 will be Safe standing seating ever. You can’t add safe standing seating in-between hospitality areas and ambulant seating. It just won’t work. It’s possible to put safe standing seating into the 2 outer blocks as they sort of have their own entrances and exits directly below the blocks. Safe standing seats on one or both of those outer blocks won’t impact on the central seating areas. That’s the only way I can see safe standing seating being installed on NSL2. I’m more inclined, like others, to think the club will install safe standing seating in NSL1 in the future to mirror SSL1 and blocks 111 and 110. At least that way both ends will have standing City fans pitch side. And both ends may eventually have singing sections and singers in them?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.