North Stand Expansion

Exactly what I was thinking.

When’s the next window of good weather?

How long will it take to erect the cranes?

Let us know when the cranes are going up please, and I‘ll take some pictures.
there is a 500 tonne mobile rigging tonight to begin erection of the tower crane, gutted it's not the mobile I drive , maybe next time

Not just erecting but a matter of tests and an Initial Inspection to comply with LOLER and could have a proof load test it the inspector asks for one
Manchester City’s major contractors have been fined £115 for failure to comply with building regulations. Inspectors brought charges after citing multiple failed erection attempts and the MCFC owned weather cock giving contractors false readings regarding how blowy it was.

@jrb & @stonie

Crane is be erecting as we speak JRB you need to get down and get some pics looks like 3 cranes in total

Thanks for letting me know Lexstar.

Had a chat.

There will be 5 cranes in total.(think it was 5 cranes?) 4 cranes will be going up in the next 6 weeks. The other crane will go up after those cranes at some point. 2 cranes for the North stand construction. 3 cranes for the other parts of the North stand construction. The crane currently going up is the CTL 1600. I think it's the same crane model that was used for the South stand expansion?

• Maximum lift capacity: 72 tons
  • Maximum load moment: 1,600 Mtons
  • Maximum freestanding height, on concrete base: 291 feet
  • Jib length: 246 feet

DSC04531.jpg

DSC04532.jpg

DSC04533.jpg

DSC04536.jpg

DSC04539.jpg

DSC04537.jpg

DSC04542.jpg

DSC04543.jpg

DSC04541.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.