North Stand Expansion

You are making good points mate but we are not talking about the theatre here we are talking about football, grass, blood, pies and bovril it's changed a lot.

Can we argue that small cinemas are better than these multiplex abominations? OK they can fit more people in them for the first screening of blockbusters but in the main they are soulless empty and grim.

It must be bad for those paying to watch other clubs who don't get the glory days and nights, imagine paying that much to watch that?

Cheaper seats for ALL demographics
Stop the continuous music and shouting by crazed presenters
Every match isn't a Hollywood flag bonanza
And FFS make all of those half and half scarf sellers go away

:)

I don't disagree with any of that. And you are right, if it were to be cheaper, it would be the same for ALL demographics. If it gets more expensive it will equally be the same for all, and if it stays the same-ish, that too will apply to all. Therefore, no one group is being priced out.

Haha, yep. They're all in there. If you going to wake him up, you better have a pint ready for him ; )
Failsworth full, Philips Park full, nowhere left for me to go. Only noticed the other day Orford Road Cemetery turned into a sports field.

Only on bluemoon, Stadium's to Cemeteries.

Wrong thread I know, but i was was in the corner of the away end at liverpool today and the water was pissing in at numerous points in the roof, proper poor install. Did the scousers in AR2 get asked to sit down over the tannoy too, paper mache stand...

Completely off topic.

How not to expand a stand.

For one of the biggest clubs in the PL, the Anfield Road stand away end is an absolute mess and embarrassment.

I will show you tomorrow via may pictures.
Weren't in the corner were you (-;

Weren't in the corner were you (-;

No, to the right of the goal.

The way LFC and their Architects have integrated the old and new Anfield Road stand is utterly shite! The snagging, even though parts of the stand aren’t finished yet Is also shite. The stand internally in the away end looks absolutely dreadful. The stewards I were talking to couldn’t believe how shit and bad the concourses look.

Last edited:
Completely off topic.

How not to expand a stand.

For one of the biggest clubs in the PL, the Anfield Road stand away end is an absolute mess and embarrassment.

I will show you tomorrow via may pictures.
Far far worse than I expected. Snagging issues all over the show. Pieces of roof that clearly don't fit and although the concourse area for the away end is bigger with a lot more space, it's just a mess. And there is no way that the stairways are wide enough on the terraces either, especially when you couple it with the narrow rows. But that has obviously been the case in that away end for years. Think it's been exasperated by the safe standing bars.

One thing I will say and what City should be looking at, they've completely taken the atmosphere out of the away end. Acoustics just aren't right now to create an atmosphere in that lower tier because of the high roof. We should look at moving away fans to the bottom tier.

The way LFC and their Architects have integrated the old and new Anfield Road stand is utterly shite! The snagging, even though parts of the stand aren’t finished yet Is also shite. The stand internally in the away end looks absolutely dreadful. The stewards I were talking to couldn’t believe how shit and bad the concourses look.
Yep. its not great, the outer concourse was OK, the services install was tidy. Being a bore I said to my mates look at that pointing up, they all thought it looked shite, why have they left it like that etc, the simple reason is that is what will have been spec'd. Surprised it wasn't sprayed though, most of the stuff I'm seeing now calls for black services on a black sprayed soffit when on show. Albeit VO001 is often VE to go back to galvanised finish to pay for something else!

You talking to me?
Rodney Marshall on X: Bernard Hill as Yosser Hughes, Boys from the  Blackstuff, long before his cinematic roles as the captain in Titanic, the  'chips and egg' husband in Shirley Valentine and

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.