North Stand Expansion

That was the exact point we made.

I understand that the club need to see a return on the investment, and that they would like the North Stand (inclusive of the wider City Square development) to help turn the Etihad into a seven day a week visitor attraction, however there is a very fine tipping point between having an atmospheric end and a hodgepodge that is all things to everyone and yet actually fails to do any of them very well. Personally, I fear that if elements such as the corporate front of Level 2 are not rectified, very few of our singers will move to the North Stand.
The semi corporate area at the front of level 2 is exactly why I wanted them to build one under the lip of tier 1, even if that meant two levels of corporate boxes (which would also help with acoustics/sound travel up the tiers) starting to think the club will just safe stand all of SSL3 and leave the NS for day trippers & charge a fair whack

That was the exact point we made.

I understand that the club need to see a return on the investment, and that they would like the North Stand (inclusive of the wider City Square development) to help turn the Etihad into a seven day a week visitor attraction, however there is a very fine tipping point between having an atmospheric end and a hodgepodge that is all things to everyone and yet actually fails to do any of them very well. Personally, I fear that if elements such as the corporate front of Level 2 are not rectified, very few of our singers will move to the North Stand.
Just as well that it's not corporate then I guess.

it’s fairly obvious they don’t want the NS to be a new home for singers/atmosphere.

They want a shiny new stand full of tourists and newbies paying top whack for tickets and spending pre and post match in the new City square.

I’m sure season cards in the new stand will be limited to those that already have them on level 2 of the existing NS - with maybe a few thrown in as a token gesture

it’s fairly obvious they don’t want the NS to be a new home for singers/atmosphere.

They want a shiny new stand full of tourists and newbies paying top whack for tickets and spending pre and post match in the new City square.

I’m sure season cards in the new stand will be limited to those that already have them on level 2 of the existing NS - with maybe a few thrown in as a token gesture

Don't forget Japanese students, Scottish schoolchildren and away fans.

Just as well that it's not corporate then I guess.
We’ve talked about it before, but to me your splitting hairs with it really. Corporate, corporate lite, hospitality - for most people it’s pretty similar.

Seats in ss2 are £1350 - last time I checked. If it’s those prices that means large numbers of our fans, young adults in particular, would be priced out. If we want an atmospheric home end why would you do that right at the front.

There’s loads of areas in the ground with expensive seats. Just make north stand level 2 the same prices across the board - reasonable prices. Surely you’d want that?

We’ve talked about it before, but to me your splitting hairs with it really. Corporate, corporate lite, hospitality - for most people it’s pretty similar.

Seats in ss2 are £1350 - last time I checked. If it’s those prices that means large numbers of our fans, young adults in particular, would be priced out. If we want an atmospheric home end why would you do that right at the front.

There’s loads of areas in the ground with expensive seats. Just make north stand level 2 the same prices across the board - reasonable prices. Surely you’d want that?
They're labelled GA+ at the moment with no guarantee they'll stay that way, not corporate (there's no such thing as corporate lite) and there's just 1,000(?) of them. Corporate are a very different kettle of fish. If people think they're the same thing then that's their failure, there's only so many times you can point out to someone that they're wrong.

Think the third crane is in progress as of today. The yellow crane is back on site to build it.

Thanks.

Another crane to go after this one. And then a 5th one at a later date.

I'll nip down later in the week when the 3rd crane has been erected and take some pictures of the 3 cranes and the steel structure that has recently gone up.

The Spring and Summer months should see a lot of progress onsite. :-)

They're labelled GA+ at the moment with no guarantee they'll stay that way, not corporate (there's no such thing as corporate lite) and there's just 1,000(?) of them. Corporate are a very different kettle of fish. If people think they're the same thing then that's their failure, there's only so many times you can point out to someone that they're wrong.

There are 648 GA+ seats on the plan. They have access to a separate bar area but it doesn't have its own toilet facilities, they're shared with the wider concourse and GA (scum). So I don't think you're going to ask a lot more for them. I wouldn't imagine they offer anything other than a pay as you go service. Great seat locations is the other benefit but I don't think we should view them as a threat to the success of the stand. Would it be better without them, of course. But let's be positive instead. 9,500 GA seats in a single tier...that's one hell of an opportunity to make some noise.

I don't believe the plans around that area will change. It's designed up, the club will have pricing strategies in mind - all part of the appraisal before they pressed the button on the planning and build. But I don't think we should be too frustrated about the club having a little bit of a premium offering amongst a huge single tier.

It all comes down to pricing. If they can price it right and incentivise it as a home end then that's what it will become.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.