North Stand Expansion

My only concern that after all this effort and investment the ground still will be to small.

70K would have been far better.

62K will be full for a VAST majority of games and I am amazed your questioning that JRB.

I hope I’m wrong. You may well be right.

Like everybody else I would *love to see the 62,000 capacity Etihad sold out for every home match*, even against lesser opposition, expanded CL group games, and domestic cup games. To sell out all of those games there has to be an innovative and affordable match ticket pricing structure by the club. At current and future match day ticket prices many of those games, especially the domestic cups, expended CL group stage games, unavoidable rearranged PL games, won’t sell out. The club has to tap into the 10,000’s of City fans who are desperate to watch the team play but can’t currently get a match ticket, can’t afford a match ticket, and for whatever reason have stopped going to the matches.

I’m not worried about the possible empty seats jibe and piss taking. I haven’t been arsed about that jibe for a very long time. It’s about filling every seat as often as possible and getting as many City fans as possible into the Etihad watching City. With Pep and this team there shouldn’t be an empty seat, even with a new capacity of 62,000 at the Etihad.

I hope I’m wrong. You may well be right.

Like everybody else I would *love to see the 62,000 capacity Etihad sold out for every home match*, even against lesser opposition, expanded CL group games, and domestic cup games. To sell out all of those games there has to be an innovative and affordable match ticket pricing structure by the club. At current and future match day ticket prices many of those games, especially the domestic cups, expended CL group stage games, unavoidable rearranged PL games, won’t sell out. The club has to tap into the 10,000’s of City fans who are desperate to watch the team play but can’t currently get a match ticket, can’t afford a match ticket, and for whatever reason have stopped going to the matches.

I’m not worried about the possible empty seats jibe and piss taking. I haven’t been arsed about that jibe for a very long time. It’s about filling every seat as often as possible and getting as many City fans as possible into the Etihad watching City. With Pep and this team there shouldn’t be an empty seat, even with a new capacity of 62,000 at the Etihad.
Agree with this. The worry is there is no chance they will be reducing prices - so will need to shift those extra 8000 tickets at the prices everybody is kicking off about.

In my opinion they won’t make any extra seasoncards available when the new stand opens which will make it harder to sell out for lesser games.

Agree with this. The worry is there is no chance they will be reducing prices - so will need to shift those extra 8000 tickets at the prices everybody is kicking off about.

In my opinion they won’t make any extra seasoncards available when the new stand opens which will make it harder to sell out for lesser games.
Think there will be extra S|C s. Though not selling out the lesser games isn’t a bad thing anyway.If lesser games are still selling out it means first the ground isn’t big enough so people are missing out,as now. Also a bit of spare capacity reduces the temptation to increase matchday prices.

Think there will be extra S|C s. Though not selling out the lesser games isn’t a bad thing anyway.If lesser games are still selling out it means first the ground isn’t big enough so people are missing out,as now. Also a bit of spare capacity reduces the temptation to increase matchday prices.
You’d like to think that, but based on the last 10 years of price rises it seems unlikely.

For the lesser games City could do a reduced priced ticket family bundle. Adult and 1 child. Adult and 2 Children. 2 Adults and 2 Children.(Family) Etc. A family can pick their own family bundle on the OS ticket page knowing they will be sat together. That way families are getting the chance to see City. And more than 1 seat is being sold every time a family ticket bundle is purchased. There are loads of ticket selling options available to the club once the Etihad is expanded. It’s whether the club is prepared to do that or not, rather than just sticking with individual match day tickets sales.

Last edited:
Lesser attractive games. We’re heading in the right direction for under 18 tickets, £23. Could definitely be lower. Adults maybe prepared to pay the going match ticket rate if they know their children can get cheaper tickets and go to the match with them as a family? When the Etihad is expanded the club should put an affordable price cap on under 18 tickets regardless of the opposition. Under 18’s are our future supporters.

City v Luton

IMG_0823.jpeg

Last edited:
For the lesser games City could do a reduced priced ticket family bundle. Adult and 1 child. Adult and 2 Children. 2 Adults and 2 Children.(Family) Etc. A family can pick their own family bundle on the OS ticket page knowing they will be sat together. That way families are getting the chance to see City. And more than 1 seat is being sold every time a family ticket bundle is purchased. There are loads of ticket selling options available to the club once the Etihad is expanded. It’s whether the club is prepared to do that or not, rather than just sticking with individual match day tickets sales.
Not a bad idea, but they would need to keep seats together for match day buyers for it to work. At the moment 2 together are like gold dust.

Reactions: jrb
Not a bad idea, but they would need to keep seats together for match day buyers for it to work. At the moment 2 together are like gold dust.

With an additional 8000 seats and a large exodus expected to the new North stand by fans from other parts of the ground, there should be plenty of seats available in other parts of the ground to sell 2, 3 and 4 seats together?

This drone video may have already been posted?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.