North Stand Expansion

If they get this right (which they won't) they should make this new end the cheapest part of the stadium but make it accesible to long serving and vocal fans. They could even sell the season tickets on a points basis. They could address so many issues at once. Atmosphere and ticket price unrest. The two are almost hand-in-hand because it's the working class fans who make the noise and who are the most disillusioned. Also the PR would be superb: club of the people and all that.

What an opportunity they have. They blew it once with the south stand extension and I bet they blow this one again.

I think if they price s/t’s too cheap, they’ll get a repeat of what happens in the NS atm, that is people pick and chose their games leaving seats empty at other times.

He would say that, but like you say, he will be targeted on ££ growth. He will earn bonuses based on ££ growth so whilst he may be a decent bloke, unfortunately he will have someone to report to and maximising revenue will be the priority.
Yet maximising at what cost to the fans and the atmosphere in the ground, is all good having shiny new things but without fans you have nothing

Of course, businesses want a return on their money but they have to look at the long game and they will get their returns just not at the expense of the fans as soon as you price them out of the game you have a shiny new stand with no one in it.

Khaldoon said he wants a blue wall so why are execs at the club doing the complete opposite, Pep wants atmosphere so why are execs at the club doing the complete opposite

Yet maximising at what cost to the fans and the atmosphere in the ground, is all good having shiny new things but without fans you have nothing

Of course, businesses want a return on their money but they have to look at the long game and they will get their returns just not at the expense of the fans as soon as you price them out of the game you have a shiny new stand with no one in it.

Khaldoon said he wants a blue wall so why are execs at the club doing the complete opposite, Pep wants atmosphere so why are execs at the club doing the complete opposite

They are hardly doing the complete opposite.

I think if they price s/t’s too cheap, they’ll get a repeat of what happens in the NS atm, that is people pick and chose their games leaving seats empty at other times.
Not if they offer the seats to existing loyal fans. Give first refusal to season ticket holders in the existing singing areas and then work it on loyalty points to other season ticket holders.

The tourists can then buy tickets at full price on the spaces they have left.

Not if they offer the seats to existing loyal fans. Give first refusal to season ticket holders in the existing singing areas and then work it on loyalty points to other season ticket holders.

The tourists can then buy tickets at full price on the spaces they have left.
They should prioritise groups of people, who go to games now and know each other, but are currently spread all over the ground. Getting people together to sit in groups would help massively. Limit the restrictions in place to help to promote this. Try and encourage groups of 4,6 or 8 initially. Probably wont happen like…..

Alex.

Can you ask the club why there were so many Real Madrid fans in the home ends all around the ground. Ask the club why and how so many Real Madrid fans got tickets in the home ends. The club must know as they distribute and sell the tickets. Ask the club what plans they have to stop this next season in the CL latter stages, and to sell those tickets to genuine City fans instead. With so many away fans in the home ends it has led to trouble and fights breaking out.

Keep up the good work. :-)

Wednesday did feel particularly egregious in this regard, particularly with the number of “influencers” in the home end. This was particularly annoying for me given the good step we achieved with the matchday criteria. So it pretty much points to the third party resale websites or the hospitality packages which aren’t subject to rigorous criteria.

Given this isn’t the first time something like this has happened, it won’t surprise you to know that I’ve asked about this before. That said, very happy to do so again, as me and a few others were preparing to do. At this point, the club are focused on the new Ticketing Compliance role to undertake a strategic review of the issue. I don’t want to prejudge a role, but the proof will be in the pudding.

As an aside, until very recently, the club followed Live Football Tickets on Twitter. It’s “one of the biggest sites in operation,” the club’s words not mine. They believed this must have been in error but couldn’t determine when this happened. Optically, that really doesn’t help anyone.

PS.

Can you ask the club for an update on the proposed 700 GA+ seats at the front of NSL2. Are they staying or are they going?

Are there any plans for safe standing seats on NSL2 or NSL1 regardless of the quantity and location on either tier?

Are there any plans for a singing section on NSL2?

Will standing be allowed on NSL2 or will sitting be strictly enforced by the club and stewards? Which could cause problems with fans determined to stand.(block 109)

Are there any plans for cheap season tickets and cheap match day tickets on NSL2?

Will there be a block put aside for the vocal younger fans with cheap season tickets and cheap match day tickets?

Will fan flags and banners be allowed on NSL2?

When are the club going to announce the seating plans, season ticket, match day tickets prices, etc for NSL2?

Does the club see the North stand and NSL2 as a proper home end? If so, how are they going to create that? If not, what do they see it as? Is it atmosphere over match day revenue, or revenue over match day atmosphere, or is there room for both?

Thanks again.
When I was writing my first post, I did think about specific points - so this will be really helpful.

I’ve spoken to Danny Wilson in person.(name dropping) I’ve got plenty of time for Danny Wilson, believe it or not. I know from speaking to him and what he told me about his career at City that he has the fans at heart. But he has a remit and a job to do at City that doesn’t always put the fans first and foremost, which puts him in a tricky position.

Wednesday did feel particularly egregious in this regard, particularly with the number of “influencers” in the home end. This was particularly annoying for me given the good step we achieved with the matchday criteria. So it pretty much points to the third party resale websites or the hospitality packages which aren’t subject to rigorous criteria.

Given this isn’t the first time something like this has happened, it won’t surprise you to know that I’ve asked about this before. That said, very happy to do so again, as me and a few others were preparing to do. At this point, the club are focused on the new Ticketing Compliance role to undertake a strategic review of the issue. I don’t want to prejudge a role, but the proof will be in the pudding.

As an aside, until very recently, the club followed Live Football Tickets on Twitter. It’s “one of the biggest sites in operation,” the club’s words not mine. They believed this must have been in error but couldn’t determine when this happened. Optically, that really doesn’t help anyone.

When I was writing my first post, I did think about specific points - so this will be really helpful.
It’s smoke and mirrors by City. Make out the points system was sorted for supporters for Madrid whilst flogging thousands to anybody via 3rd party sites.

In which parallel universe does anybody at City think inviting influencers to visit and slag off the club during their vlogs or TikTok’s - and support the opposition etc is good for City. Mind boggling.

Feel sorry for City Matters reps having to listen to bullshit and lies.

As for the new ticket compliance position - his role won’t involve anything that will help ‘legacy’ fans. Saw fans getting pulled for using concession tickets on Wednesday - that’s the kind of stuff that will be getting ramped up more with our new compliance boss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.