North Stand Expansion

These are old versions from what I priced from for the RC frame, I'm sure they have been updated several times...just gives a general idea what is happening

Yeah these are the approved ones, no further amendment, not to those levels, that I can see.

To answer Alty's original point, L4 that gets some view is full VIP. On L5 both sides are back of house, but then, the grey riser in the middle is where the cables come in and the views suffer, hence it is toilets and kitchen.

1000025151.jpg

Thanks @simdog and @Coatigan for the explanations. I can't work out if its genius engineering to design (and build) the extended north stand around the existing cablenet/support cables or whether it would have been better to remove the east and west stand roofs to allow for the complete removal of the cablenet and then a more straightforward design of the north stand. Granted it would mean no roof for a year or two whilst the east and west stands get extended but it hardly rains in Manchester so not really a problem ;-)

Thanks @simdog and @Coatigan for the explanations. I can't work out if its genius engineering to design (and build) the extended north stand around the existing cablenet/support cables or whether it would have been better to remove the east and west stand roofs to allow for the complete removal of the cablenet and then a more straightforward design of the north stand. Granted it would mean no roof for a year or two whilst the east and west stands get extended but it hardly rains in Manchester so not really a problem ;-)
Its genius engineering IMHO to be able to extend the stands when there was no provision to do so in the original design and with very little interruption Replacing the other roofs will be far more complicated and I doubt we will see it in the near future if at all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.