Northern Soul- Sssshhhh.... Keep it to yourself

@Treggy Nice 1, remember it being played in the early 80's.
Deffo an unreleased motown track but not sure if it was actually the Contours. As I remember it, it was on the 1st (there was at least 1 more) tape sent (robbed) from motown in LA (not Longsight & Ardwick, the other place) about '81. That tape was just that, no artists/titles, so the naming on some the 'orignal' pressings were, 'educated?', guesses. It included some of the unreleased motown I've already posted & a lot which became huge, now classics.
Such as this .....

Last edited:
@Treggy Nice 1, remember it being played in the early 80's.
Deffo an unreleased motown track but not sure if it was actually the Contours. As I remember it, it was on the 1st (there was at least 1 more) tape sent (robbed) from motown in LA (not Longsight & Ardwick, the other place) about '80. That tape was just that, no artists/titles. It included some of the unreleased motown I've already posted & a lot which became huge, now classics.
Such as this .....

The Marvin Gaye is a classic
Have read a few explanations the two most common are
It was taken from the Motown Vaults ,like you say robbed!
It was found in a skip when Motown relocated offices.
Not sure if its the Contours myself but whoever it is , its a tune !!

@Treggy another gd 1. Unreleased motown, not on '81 tapes. Think played mid '90s, came out l8r on a motown CD.
You're right, some unbelievable stuff motown had/has that was never issued. Hopefully some more still to come ;-)
Another one .....

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.