Norwich (a) post-match thread

I totally agree.
25 attempts on goal on Saturday, yet we only scored 2 (1 in 12.5). Similarly against Spurs (1 in 15). We normally score between 1 in 5 and 1 in 6.
Defensively Zinchenko and Otamendi just doesn't work IMO but overall defensive cohesion is the real problem. We conceded 2 in 3 Against Spurs and 3 in 7 against Norwich.

A lot of people focus on the finishing but I think this mostly means we take a lot of poor attempts, or at least attempts teams are perfectly happy to let us have.

It may be deliberate in a probabilistic sense to create uncertainty in defenses. And it’s probably necessary given what we face, and it has inarguably been brilliantly successful. but I do wonder if, in terms of the margins of perfection, we could be better about the use of space in the 18 yard box. (I realize how greedy and absurd that sounds.)

In MOTD2, when Chappy presented defensive stats for of our CDs, where Otamendi's came on the top, both Jenas and Keown started shifting in their seats. It was a bad loss for us, but to go as far as The Obsever report went, where we were 'completely outplayed" and NC were 'toying with us'. How the f..k do you outplay somebody by having only 7-3 shots and conceding 25 shots and 16 corners? I know I am CTID, but I am really pissed off with match reports trying to make something out of nothing.
The stats you quote indicate poor finishing. Do we accept our inability to hit the target and shoot more or do we try to be as efficient as Norwich were with their shooting opportunities?

I wonder what the stats are for our defending ie good defending against failing to hit our target via passes? Surely our defence has a better success rate than our attack?

Main worry for me was the number of balls we lobbed into their box, corners included, that were completely pointless. Their CB won the lot almost.
Yep not something we do well at all. Surprised there's not been a clamour to bring Edin back. We defo have a well known plan to slip a ball inside the fb and pull it back, but teams that use a winger as fb and a real fb just waiting to mop up means we need a better option than a lofted cross. D Silva is at his best when he has multiple options, there were very few on saturday. I think the Canaries have been over praised tbh, without our glaring defensive cockups and lack of plan B they would not have scored. Not being churlish or a sore loser, but set piece goal and two gifts they won the lottery.

It's a strange thing with all the shots we have, I'm regularly shouting to shoot but we persist with almost walking the ball into the 6 yard area at times and still don't get clean shots on target.

I know this isn't the case every game but a few more longer shots even if saved would provide chances from rebounds.

It's a strange thing with all the shots we have, I'm regularly shouting to shoot but we persist with almost walking the ball into the 6 yard area at times and still don't get clean shots on target.

I know this isn't the case every game but a few more longer shots even if saved would provide chances from rebounds.
Sergio is doing it,kev is trying but he still hasn't got his radar back working again,rodders has scored one,dinho was always good for a try but he hasn't played,raz has a go,sane was good at those,i think we miss him in many ways,i agree we should try them more

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.