Norwich (a) post-match thread

The tesitimonial did not help the prepartion.

Mistakes all round with Stones making the most.

I'm glad someone else has said this because I am trying to be philosophical about it as well. The run-in last season was psychologically and emotionally very damaging to fans of both City and Liverpool. I read things about people unable to sleep, unable to eat and completely consumed by the whole thing to the point of a nervous breakdown. None of that can be right as it's supposed to be about enjoyment and a release from pressures of every day life. As it stands, City is an added pressure for many people. I'll admit I got swept up in the tribalism and stress of it all and, on reflection, it didn't do me any good.

I spent many years of my life just wishing we'd maybe win a domestic cup but, like the Trotters, never getting near the pot of gold. Four league titles in seven years has been the stuff of dreams. I'd like it to be five in eight but if it's not then I won't let it affect me. There are simply more important things in life. By the same token, I don't want Liverpool to win it, anyone but them would be fine, but if they do then they will have deserved it. They're a disciplined, well-organised team led by an outstanding manager. They're solid in defence, workmanlike in midfield and lethal in attack. The celebrations would be nauseating but I'd switch off from it and all would return to normal eventually.
I have to admit I didn’t enjoy the run in it was too much. When we were 3-1 against Brighton that is when I started to to enjoy the title

A lot of people have already forgotten the last two seasons and the manager and the players are slated left, right and center. Incredible.

We suffered horrific injuries to top talents including our defensive rock. We won 5 trophies in a row in England. We won 64 games from 76 and 198 pts over two seasons. And some can't wait to moan and criticise. How can people be so unhappy now when we have an exceptional manager and an exceptional team?

For days, the media stated this was a damage limitation job for Norwich and I think the players started to believe they only had to turn up to take the points. Well done to Norwich who played brilliantly, but the likes of Gundog, Ota and dare I say it(on recent performances) Zinchenko should be nowhere near that first team! And fuck knows what's happened to Stones. A thoroughly wretched performance. Gutted!

A lot of people have already forgotten the last two seasons and the manager and the players are slated left, right and center. Incredible.

We suffered horrific injuries to top talents including our defensive rock. We won 5 trophies in a row in England. We won 64 games from 76 and 198 pts over two seasons. And some can't wait to moan and criticise. How can people be so unhappy now when we have an exceptional manager and an exceptional team?

A sensible post amongst a sea of wet wipes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.