Norwich FA Cup post match

First time all season i had no complaints with our performance. I wouldn't take too much out of it though given it was the cup and against a team that almost wanted to go out. The main reason it worked yesterday was because everybody actually played in their natural positions. Fernando was excellent in midfield and Delph complimented him well and looked infinitely better in the middle than he does when he's stuck out on the left. Zab had a good game and provided some much needed penetration with his running off the ball. Navas seems to have gained some confidence after his first goal in about a decade, was about time and encouraging to see. Aguero finally looked fit and i was delighted kelechi got a start,said he'd score as soon as i heard he was starting. It's just a shame i don't think his performance or any others for that matter will have any impact on him getting a chance in the league. I expect this game to be erased from pellegrini's memory when it comes to picking his team and formation for the league games. We won't see anything like that setup again now until the next round.

Gutted I couldn't go yesterday (I am on meds), as it appears it was a good craic. Norwich is my favourite away trip at the moment.
Sad to hear the reaction of the Norwich manager indicating that the Cup isn't a priority. Pre 2008, the FA cup was the biggest priority to me as a City fan. I was desperate for us to get to a final. Every year we failed miserably. Whenever we got beat, it was sickening. It hurt more than any league defeat. The 2012 semi and final were my favourite days as a Blue. It's sad to see that survival or promotion in the league is seen as most important. So fans of the likes of Norwich are unlikely to experience what we did in 2012.
Are those meds affecting your memory?

I wouldn't take too much out of it though given it was the cup and against a team that almost wanted to go out. ... It's just a shame i don't think his performance or any others for that matter will have any impact on him getting a chance in the league. I expect this game to be erased from pellegrini's memory when it comes to picking his team and formation for the league games. We won't see anything like that setup again now until the next round.

Certainly right, as those are completely different matches. But it's good to know for Pellers that it did work well this way. Sure we want to see Dinho and Silva back having more difficult tasks ahead. And if he manages Yaya's strengths properly from now on... it's happy days!

We would be a bit more unpredictable finally. So please everybody stay fit - and we still have quality to return. It's nearly frightening. Innit?

Just got home, had a great weekend, if you've not been to Norwich/Norfolk, I fully recommend it, some great places to eat/drink, and they are a good set of fans, credit to them yesterday too, very few had left at 90 minutes, despite being on the end of a hammering.

City played some good stuff yesterday, had me worried for first 10 minutes, as Norwich looked sharp to start with, but then we were excellent after that.

The support (one song apart) was also in great voice, during and after the game, as good as I can remember for quite a while, to sell out at Norwich, one of our most difficult to get games, at the end of 4 away games in 11 days, is a great achievement.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.