Norwich post match thread

Just read this quote from during the match:

"Soccer Saturday's Paul Merson was extremely impressed by the finish from City's centre-half.

"You won't see many better headers than that this season - and we are only at the end of october. I'd have to say it's against the run of play.""

Don't remember any period of play where us scoring would have counted as against the run of play..

All i have got to say is that typical City is still with us and not going to go away.
That was the most frustrating game i have seen from are beloved blues for some time.

I think a lot of people are badly underestimating how fucked everyone is due to not being able to rotate. with all out creative players being injured.then clichey and zabs being crocked its easy to see why its tough.i still believe when everyones back providing we get a bit more luck injury wise we"ll end up romping it.

To be fair Arsenal's injury list is comparable to ours. If they go out of the Champions League (as well as the League Cup) it could give them an edge but I am quietly confident that they will fade away when the daffodils appear.

What I really enjoyed today was the silver/brass band. Reminded me of the old days!
was that the beswick prize b
Just read this quote from during the match:

"Soccer Saturday's Paul Merson was extremely impressed by the finish from City's centre-half.

"You won't see many better headers than that this season - and we are only at the end of october. I'd have to say it's against the run of play.""

Don't remember any period of play where us scoring would have counted as against the run of play..
he also said the start of the second half was all norwich

I know we got a penalty from it but does anyone know why the referee played a minute and half extra of injury time?

Because he is a ****! Same shit ref as West Ham no?

Dunno if this has been posted,but the picture in the programme today on page 22/23....showcase#9...suited and booted,is one of the best pictures I have ever seen.....pure quality,hats off to sharon Latham.....just my opinion.

Well, we made hard work of that!

Credit to Norwich for making it hard for us, but we really lacked imagination going forward in the first half.

Fantastic header from Nic to cap a top-class display. Dinho did well again, as did Nando when he came on. Navas worried their defence all game, but KdB didn't have his best game in a Blue shirt. Raheem didn't exploit his pace as much as he should have and Nacho still has plenty to learn.

That being said, we won and how many times did the media say, during GPC's reign at the swamp, that the sign of Champions is winning when you don't play well? More times than I wish to remember.

We were poor but we won. We're still top of the League, as is Raheem Stirling and we're two points further ahead of the Trafford scumbags and the comedy side-show at the Kremlin continues.

Not a bad afternoon, all in all.

An awful match to watch,similar to a lot here in the past when a team puts 11 men behind the ball.We got sucked into that keeping possession and moving the ball from side to side which of course plays into a team defending like that's hands. Bony is just too static for our side and in games like this offers very little.He did create himself a couple of decent opportunities then showed absolutely no composure on the finish,trying to break the nets instead of keeping calm.His lack of pace and mobility means it is even harder to open teams up. I would play with one forward in Sterling as it makes us more fluid while Aguero is out.

Bony for me is not going to fit in with our style and a parting of the ways needs to come sooner rather than later if a more fitting pacey mobile forward can be bought to replace him.One of those things some players just don't gell.

Hart did a couple of decent saves.I was just about to start applauding the catch when he dropped it,it was a shock to say the least!

On the way home i was following the BBC website on my phone....here's one for the agenda.They were leading with ''City beat 10 man Norwich'' as if they had 10 men all game and not the last few minutes.Also Chris Bevan said Norwich were brilliant,defended well [ I will give him that] and showed no end of attacking endeavour too!! Erm when they were losing and had no choice you dick!

Another three points still top and a good week.We have so many injuries at present key players can't be rested and it is starting to show. If we hang on in there and get some bodies back we should crack right on,although i have to say Arsenal,who also have some injuries,look the real deal this season.

Well, we made hard work of that!

Credit to Norwich for making it hard for us, but we really lacked imagination going forward in the first half.

Fantastic header from Nic to cap a top-class display. Dinho did well again, as did Nando when he came on. Navas worried their defence all game, but KdB didn't have his best game in a Blue shirt. Raheem didn't exploit his pace as much as he should have and Nacho still has plenty to learn.

That being said, we won and how many times did the media say, during GPC's reign at the swamp, that the sign of Champions is winning when you don't play well? More times than I wish to remember.

We were poor but we won. We're still top of the League, as is Raheem Stirling and we're two points further ahead of the Trafford scumbags and the comedy side-show at the Kremlin continues.

Not a bad afternoon, all in all.

Really can't argue with any of that Blue.

An awful match to watch,similar to a lot here in the past when a team puts 11 men behind the ball.We got sucked into that keeping possession and moving the ball from side to side which of course plays into a team defending like that's hands. Bony is just too static for our side and in games like this offers very little.He did create himself a couple of decent opportunities then showed absolutely no composure on the finish,trying to break the nets instead of keeping calm.His lack of pace and mobility means it is even harder to open teams up. I would play with one forward in Sterling as it makes us more fluid while Aguero is out.

Bony for me is not going to fit in with our style and a parting of the ways needs to come sooner rather than later if a more fitting pacey mobile forward can be bought to replace him.One of those things some players just don't gell.

Hart did a couple of decent saves.I was just about to start applauding the catch when he dropped it,it was a shock to say the least!

On the way home i was following the BBC website on my phone....here's one for the agenda.They were leading with ''City beat 10 man Norwich'' as if they had 10 men all game and not the last few minutes.Also Chris Bevan said Norwich were brilliant,defended well [ I will give him that] and showed no end of attacking endeavour too!! Erm when they were losing and had no choice you dick!

Another three points still top and a good week.We have so many injuries at present key players can't be rested and it is starting to show. If we hang on in there and get some bodies back we should crack right on,although i have to say Arsenal,who also have some injuries,look the real deal this season.

Chris Bevan is a fucking tool who shouldn't even be working in journalism. He is an undercover rag for sure. I'm surprised there wasn't another mention of empty seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.