Norwich post match thread

That was as strange a 2nd half as I've seen for some time, with two penalties, one missed, and an unbelievable Hart howler followed by a couple of world class saves. Otamendi MOM for me, what a defender he looks and a great header for our first goal.

The less said about Wilf the better. At the moment he could fall out of a boat and miss the water.

I had a fiver at 4/1 for a sending off so I'm happy.
Was doubly happy as I wanted to name Bassong as the one to get sent off.
Thankfully they didn't do individuals!!!

Supported City all my life, I'm 50 in May and have seen a fantastic early and mid 70s side. Then a load of shit for thirty years when the clowns in Stretford had their best spell. So why oh why do people find the need to slate, slag off City players when we are top of the league, looking good in the League Cup, and despite being in the hardest group in the Chumps league have more points than any other English club?

Why? Because we have a lot of fans aged 20 something who are spoilt bitches going hysterical when its still 0 - 0 after 5 minutes. I guess they are the future!!!

Otamendi turning into one of the best signings we've had for a very long time!....great goal and unstoppable in defense! De Bruyne had another down day today after an average game against the rags..hope he gets his form back soon...as he's already shown, he's one of the best young talents in europe when on top of his game!....Still waiting for Bony to turn up! He looks slow to the ball and cant seem to find the net! Even with the extended play he getting at the moment, I dont think he's showed any improvement. Yes, we all know how strong he is on the ball and how well he brings other players into the attacking play but to be honest, his job is to score goals...end of!....and he's falling well short..I think is was only fair to give him a chance to show what he can do with more game time but he still hasnt showed anything in front of goal and in this team he should be atleast getting chances on target......disappointed with some of the performances but its a win and its 3 points in the bag and still top of the table! ;)

Last edited:
Another 3 points in the bag. Not great. But there will always be games like this.

My only bugbear today, is there a reason why City don't televise early kick offs? The bands in City Square are fine, like the interviews with ex players. But would much rather have watched Chelsea v Liverpool.

One of my most enjoyable experiences following City in recent years was standing on the concourse at Palace in 2014 watching Chelsea score their 2nd goal against Liverpool.
I only got there late today but very often they have teamed early kick off on in the foyer. But tbf haven't seen it this year

Not anti bony but geniuine question
Did bony do enough to warrant the stay on the pitch at the time kelachi was subtitued?in my opinion he didnt, and it felt our players looked for bony in every opportunity as compared to kelachi who at time i felt was starved for ball but created two good chances

I don't like to slag off any City player & I like Kolarov - he always there to celebrate to celebrate other's goals & seems to have a good sense of humour. Very occasionally, he has a good game too BUT my heart sinks every time he's given the ball - he either cuts back & plays it backwards or tries to take the defender on with, frankly little skill & usually little effect. He seems to run forward faster than he runs back & is too often out of position or caught out by someone running behind him. How often does it look like we have 3 defenders at the back? Unfortunately, the games not about being a good bloke, but being a good footballer & I'm afraid he doesn't cut it in this team

Absolute nonsense he has made many many excellent contributions to the success of the team, goals and assists galore and good defending. Today he played two brilliant crosses in the second half that a decent striker would have been on the end of. Or maybe I dreamt them ?

job done , we would have drawn that game last season , very poor performance overall , but we have played a lot of games recently and the injuries are staring to bite , same players being asked to perform week in/week out , clichy,silva,delph should all be back soon , which will give us options. Norwich came with a 5-4-1 and it nearly worked for them , and it was Sterling's penalty , Raheem needs to be getting on the score sheet , he had already been denied a goal by a cheating Norwich player handling the ball , no argument with Yaya taking that spot kick , he's deadly , but Kolarov was bang out of order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.