Norwich v City: Pre-match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rnblade said:
Norwich are not an easy team to be at home. Kolarov is a defensive liability and relies heavily on his midfield cover, which worries me as Glichy is much fitter and has a higher work rate.
Apologies for my opinion but Kolarov is lazy and leaves the defence exposed when he likes to go forward, if he was more like ZABA then I'm sure my opinion of him would change.

Don't apologise mate,you're bang on the money.

FantasyIreland said:
rnblade said:
Norwich are not an easy team to be at home. Kolarov is a defensive liability and relies heavily on his midfield cover, which worries me as Glichy is much fitter and has a higher work rate.
Apologies for my opinion but Kolarov is lazy and leaves the defence exposed when he likes to go forward, if he was more like ZABA then I'm sure my opinion of him would change.

Don't apologise mate,you're bang on the money.

Yep, definitely don't apologise for an opinion. Especially one that is correct.

I really hope we go "balls out" today at the canaries, we need to get another win, hopefully 3 or 4 would be nice. that might put baconface and the MANUre squad worried.
I am a bit ignorant and haven't checked the games Norwich have lost at home yet.
Come on CITY, show us the champions you want to be!!

rnblade said:
I really hope we go "balls out" today at the canaries, we need to get another win, hopefully 3 or 4 would be nice. that might put baconface and the MANUre squad worried.
I am a bit ignorant and haven't checked the games Norwich have lost at home yet.

Yep I also hope we go all out for the win, no reservations today. I think 3/4 goal lead might be wishful thinking, I think it will be close personally.

1-2 or 0-1 to City.

mcfclovin said:
rnblade said:

Yep I also hope we go all out for the win, no reservations today. I think 3/4 goal lead might be wishful thinking, I think it will be close personally.

1-2 or 0-1 to City.

I know it's wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be lovely to see the swagger and lethal finishing we have missed for a few months?
I am a realist and if we sneak a 1-0 win, I will be happy. or as long as we score 1 more than they do

rnblade said:
mcfclovin said:
rnblade said:

1-2 or 0-1 to City.

I know it's wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be lovely to see the swagger and lethal finishing we have missed for a few months?
I am a realist and if we sneak a 1-0 win, I will be happy. or as long as we score 1 more than they do

Yes I would love to see our play back to its best, on Wednesday we showed some of that. However I don't want to get my hopes up, I think today will be the best way to judge whether we have got it back with it being an away game.

Watched them play Spurs and they did well because Spurs allowed the game to become expansive and this suited Norwich. We need to keep the game short, press them high up the pitch, and take our chances when they come. I'd take 0-1 with a fluke right now.

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
-----------------Hart----------------
Zabeleta--Kompany--Lescott--Kolarov
----------------De Jong-------------
-----Nasri----Yaya Toure----Silva
-----------Dzeko----Aguero

Tevez coming on in 2nd half. If Yaya does not make it, Milner

Why would you change the fullbacks??

How the hell does a team build up consistency and maintain an understanding when it's forever being changed? Particularly the defensive 'unit' ?

Please explain why its useful or,the reason that really puzzles me,why it's necessary?

Because in our system of play, the full backs are the hardest working players on the team and have to run the whole length of the pitch all game. At this point of the season, playing 2 games in three days may be too much for their legs, Richards especially had problems maintaining his explosive pace late on against West Brom and we had to bring on Zab to protect him (read my match report on the main forum stickied at the top!).

Defensive communication between centre backs and wing backs is a little less important than between two centre backs, as many times the opposition will be countering us with the wing backs out of position and a defensive midfield dropped into the full back slot.

Damocles said:
FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
-----------------Hart----------------
Zabeleta--Kompany--Lescott--Kolarov
----------------De Jong-------------
-----Nasri----Yaya Toure----Silva
-----------Dzeko----Aguero

Tevez coming on in 2nd half. If Yaya does not make it, Milner

Why would you change the fullbacks??

How the hell does a team build up consistency and maintain an understanding when it's forever being changed? Particularly the defensive 'unit' ?

Please explain why its useful or,the reason that really puzzles me,why it's necessary?

Because in our system of play, the full backs are the hardest working players on the team and have to run the whole length of the pitch all game. At this point of the season, playing 2 games in three days may be too much for their legs, Richards especially had problems maintaining his explosive pace late on against West Brom and we had to bring on Zab to protect him (read my match report on the main forum stickied at the top!).

Defensive communication between centre backs and wing backs is a little less important than between two centre backs, as many times the opposition will be countering us with the wing backs out of position and a defensive midfield dropped into the full back slot.
Good answer. I don't think RM will pick Dzeko though.

Norwich are in good form, playing with no pressure.. THEY WILL ATTACK US
cant see us grabbing any clean sheets there !

can see us starting only 3 of: Nasri - Silva - Aguero - Tevez.. with milner starting instead of the fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.