Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Watching it again on Football First. Was never a freekick for their goal. Bent **** was right in front of it too.

Now thats more like it, attacking early, getting ahead and staying ahead. Why can't we play like this more often? This has to be the way now every game thru to the end of the season. Special praise today for Edin & Sergio up front (probably our best starting front line option), and Zaba & Vinny & Nasty & Clichy at the back (probably our best back line starting option, but where will Micah fit in when he's back in the new year).
Once again today poor refereeing has too much influence on the result. But a great performance by the ten men.

Great win in the end, it was proper typical city we can never do things the easy way. The referee was appalling though, how that was a foul by Kompany for their first goal I will never know.

The Nasri incident was a strange one and I don't really blame the ref for it. Yes it was a strong challenge by Bassong and he got booked for it, it was also similar to Vinnies in the first half and in my opinion they were both good challenges. Also it was the linesman who told him to send Nasri off.

However what the referee didn't take into account was the fact Bassong did not need to go into the tackle with as much force as he did. Norwich would have had a better advantage if Bassong stood him up as there was 2 other Norwich players around him and all Bassong would have achieved by that tackle would have been knocking out of play. It reminded me of when NDJ broke Ben Arfa's leg with a crunching tackle he did not need to make.

This is where the ref and linesman should have had a bit of common sense. If a player goes into a tackle with excessive force then you would expect the player on the receiving end to be pissed off and react. Just like RVP last week. The end of the day Bassong made a strong challenge, Nasri didn't like it and there was handbags. Just book them both and play on.

I also couldn't believe the amount of nothing fouls he gave to Norwich so they had a free kick in a dangerous area. And the when we got fouled in a similar area he played advantage. Now playing with 10 men for 50 mins and we are not counter attacking there is no advantage to be played.

On a whole I thought our two best players were Aguero and Barry.

This has to be the way now every game thru to the end of the season. Remember Chelski still have a game in hand, and Arsenal & Spuds seem to be getting out of their inconsistent patch.

So for January (based on current form) it seems to me our best options are;
Edin & Sergio up front,
Zaba & Vinny & Nasty & Clichy at the back,
and we need to adjust the midfield because we are forced to by the absences of Yaya (ACON but probably won't be missed much) and Nasri (suspended possibly 3 games) but we already have lots of midfielders and a winger we rarely use.
I don't see us signing anyone new in January, but it will probably be arrivederci Balo, we hardly knew you, but maybe you'll do better elsewhere (or not as the case may be). And also maybe arrivederci to Roberto's friend the defensive coach who doesnt speak any English, sorry pal but your 3 at the back hasn't worked out and neither have you.

That is fucking cheating. Fuck off ref. Twat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'd better not lose the title on GD.

How come there was nearly 7 mins of et when the arse game was bang on 5 mins. I would have thought at le arse it would be closer to 10.

hedkandi said:
How come there was nearly 7 mins of et when the arse game was bang on 5 mins. I would have thought at le arse it would be closer to 10.

It should have been 10!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.