Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

pavelsrnicek said:
One last point, for the first time all season we are not the bookies favourites for the league.

fred done has already paid out on the rags winning it

so it's all over

Ditto the DeJong comment.
2 years ago we won the league conceding the least goals with Kompany & Lescott & DeJong, so what did we do- sell DeJong and bring in Nastacic for Lescott , and then this year we bring in Demechelis and get Boyata back , not smart moves. Today we had 70% possession and 14 corners yet only managed 2 shots on target!!!!
Feb is gonna be our undoing I think, and if Pellers thinks player like DeMc and Boyata are good enough to win trophies I am concerned.
Once a Blue always a Blue ;-)

pavelsrnicek said:
One last point, for the first time all season we are not the bookies favourites for the league.
The odds are about right 11/8 vs 5/4

i.e. nothing in it.

Just arrived home, not going to read all the thread, too shattered!!

Silva, Zaba, Milner men of the match for me, why the heck is YaYa always so bad against the lower teams?

What are we doing when it comes to corners? We waste them and we should be putting them to bed!

Apart from that I haven't got a lot to say............................. well I have but it is only one game, we didn't lose and when we get the Jaguar going again we will be ok!! ;-)

Whoops, nearly forgot I liked the Pellegrini song today.

'in the absence of the pelegrini thread'
I Was one of those in support of mancini and disagreed with him being replaced, but a couple of weeks ago there were loads of posts on the pelegrini thread demanding apologies from mancini supporters and gloating about how pelegrini is the bees knees. I, among others, agreed that I might have been wrong and that the new manager was taking us to the next level. Now earlier on in this thread there are people slagging him off and claiming he's not good enough. I don't know if they are wumming or just thick, but really?

If we score 4 in each of our next 2 games I'll expect to see those same people back on praising the manager and team and saying how we will win the league and champions league again<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:09 am --<br /><br />
HypnoticBlue said:
Ditto the DeJong comment.
2 years ago we won the league conceding the least goals with Kompany & Lescott & DeJong, so what did we do- sell DeJong and bring in Nastacic for Lescott , and then this year we bring in Demechelis and get Boyata back , not smart moves. Today we had 70% possession and 14 corners yet only managed 2 shots on target!!!!
Feb is gonna be our undoing I think, and if Pellers thinks player like DeMc and Boyata are good enough to win trophies I am concerned.
Once a Blue always a Blue ;-)

Agreed mate. We've never been the same team without Nigel. He didn't get the recognition he deserved. Bad transfers all round there

M24 Citizen said:
Hamman is a great pundit.

I wish people would stop having a go at people when they say it how it is. I'd rather they talk football sense than want them to kiss our arse all the time.

Didi didn't do a lot wrong there. However, I'm not sure there was much in the Toure kick. I'm not sure that Yaya looked at the player until after his foot made contact so whether he was aiming a kick at the player could be open to question; although what his foot was doing if he was not trying to connect with the player is a legitimate question. Hope Yaya has an answer. Either way, it did not look like he put much force into it. Don't think it merits a suspension but it will probably get Yaya one.

was in work so havent seen it, but bit shocked at 0-0, but not suprised tbh. this is city, nothing suprises me. ah well just have to battle on

Gutted to say the least, however long way to go yet. Injuries have come at the wrong time, and really destabilized us. I think the Chelsea defeat really knocked the wind out of us, but I'm confident we WILL return to form. Well have Aguero, Fernan, and Nasri coming back. Giving us our Zip and Guile back. I know this is a kick in the teeth, but we thought the league was lost once before remember. Keep the faith my blue brethren, times are still good. At least we can still look down on the rags haha!!

aidyblu76 said:
'in the absence of the pelegrini thread'
I Was one of those in support of mancini and disagreed with him being replaced, but a couple of weeks ago there were loads of posts on the pelegrini thread demanding apologies from mancini supporters and gloating about how pelegrini is the bees knees. I, among others, agreed that I might have been wrong and that the new manager was taking us to the next level. Now earlier on in this thread there are people slagging him off and claiming he's not good enough. I don't know if they are wumming or just thick, but really?

If we score 4 in each of our next 2 games I'll expect to see those same people back on praising the manager and team and saying how we will win the league and champions league again

This gets on my tits as well. We are either slobbering over Pellers like he invented fucking football or screaming hysterically that we should burn him as a witch whereas the truth lies somewhere in the middle; albeit trampled underfoot as we charge from one extreme to the other.

The other pisser is the constant "Oh no we are missing (insert name of player) and without him we are hopeless" whine fucking whine. Well newsflash. Every season we lose key players either to injury or ACON or whatever as do (wait for it) every other team we play against. Chelsea have a strike force that consists of a man with no knees, a £50m striker who barely ever strikes and is fucking injured anyway and a guy in his mid thirties who spent the last two years stuck in a hut in Yakutsk and is sodding off to the MLS next year. We have four fucking top notch strikers and we're squealing like stuck pigs. Even Pellers has started whining about it (in fairness most managers do. Mancini was world champ at moaning about something or other).

Now OK I still think we will win the PL this year solely on the grounds that our firepower should ensure we drop less points than Chelsea. I am not as confident as I was 7 days ago but the fact still remains Chelsea will score less than us and will drop more points than us. I still have the same reservations about Pellers that I had before the season started and when we were beating teams 6-0 and now when its gone a bit wobbly. The issues remain the same and don't flip flop every 20 minutes of every football match. If ever Pellers gets round to addressing my reservations I will let you know.

Finally Demichelis. As a back up I have no issue with the guy. As first choice anything I do. This unseemly love affair between Pellers and MD has to stop. Last year Nasty did very well considering his age and that it was his first season. Kindly start with some quality defensive coaching and restore some confidence in what was an excellent young prospect. Same with Rodwell (if he is ever fit). Oh and Jovetic looked good today. That is all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.