Norwich VS city post match thread

Think some of the blame has to be shared by the players and management. When, in the last minute, Silva has the ball and is ahead of the Norwich midfield, he does his pirouette and allows them all back into position; we lose our advantage and we lose any cutting edge. The players have been conditioned to keep possession so as to wear the opposition down, but they've been conditioned to to such an extent that they've worn out their natural verve, and no player seems capable of acting on impulse and breaking free from the pattern.

Nice to hear some people say it as it is. Too many playing the blame game on here...Bony or Pellegrini. Its a team game & their were only one or two acceptable performances. Aguero, Silva and Sterling were terrible but people are frightened of telling the truth even though its staring them in the face. For those who think Pep will wave a magic wand and turn this bunch into world beaters then your dreaming. If these same players can't perform for any manager they don't deserve a City shirt. How hard is it to play your best when being paid at least 100 THOUSAND pounds a week. Would any of you blame a manager if you played crap? Think about that. As for @SWP's back i hope you never have a disabled child or relative or have a car accident and end up being fed through a tube. You need help mate.

100 % agree with you worst winger I've ever seen for productivity ,white Holden Beagrie summerbee could all cross a ball into the danger area&score goals 1 goal in 65 + games tells you all u need to know

No point crossing the ball in to a penalty area that is totally devoid of any City shirts.

Today's performance was inept. He picked the wrong team before the game, Bony is an absolute waste of space and starting him leaves us with 10 men effectively.

The only hunting season we've got is for top 4. If dippers win game in hand only 4 points behind. From a team that hasn't won 2 games on trot since October I have no confidence that we will get the job done. Europa League would be awful.

Expecting Sterling and Nacho to wave magic wands about when they come on is laughable.

They should have started , instead this clown in charge knocks any confidence that they may have, he's treated Sterling and Nacho abysmally in my opinion, Starting Sterling at Anfield was a joke with the pressure on him, not starting him against Villa and Norwich today is a joke, ditto Nacho.
Starting Bony is fucking laughable.

He's a fucking clown.

Weird feeling watching City recently- never felt like this before but I couldn't give a fuck what happens this season, having to endure another 10 games of his predictable dog shit football just doesn't do it, I for one won't be cheering this charlatan at his final home game-fucking poor average manager out of his depth in this league.

Good fucking riddance.

This. This and fucking this.

I'm dreading the next 9 games of turgid dross.

More proof this squad is just not up to it. Either technically or in attitude. Sick of hearing Komps, Fern and Sagna all week about no one should write us off, we're still in the title hunt...etc. Sorry to disagree but we carried no attacking threat at all. Norwich were comfortable all game. Nothing on target all second half. Really don't know where we go from here but I can't quite easily see us finishing below W

Unbelievably unfair ? really ? He is neither good enough technically nor does he work hard enough. If he's asked to play in a different role (doubt it considering Pellegrini's lack of tactical preparation) I expect him to work his balls off, sweat like hell for the shirt and make life as difficult as possible for the Norwich defenders. He strolled around and gave a very good impression of someone who didn't give a fuck. He looks half asleep at the best of times and a few kilos overweight to boot. Totally unsuited to our club and should never have been bought.

No I totally agree that he's not good enough but sending him out in a side where his strengths are never played too and it's evident it's not working is pretty much sending him out for slaughter, then he gets ridiculed and the cycle continues. I'm 100% in agreement regarding his purchase and that's what makes it even harsher for him as he's getting put on a pedestal way too high for his ability. I'm not a Bony supporter at all but can acknowledge he hasn't had a style of play beneficial to him and it rightly shouldn't for a player of his ability but that begs the question, why was he even signed if we never planned on changing the style from time to time?

So poor we were. We cant be dropping points against shit teams this season its killing us. Dropped points at Villa and dropped points today thats a 4 point loss. Crazy. 4-4-2 just wont work. Silva aint a wide player play a 4-4-2 drop Silva start Sterling and Navas out wide. As for Bony really dont know why MP is sticking with him. Really has fallen away. I think Nacho and Kun is the best 2 to go with in a 4-4-2. Really next weekend we have a must win home game. Hopefully no injuries in the midweek game. I think we could maybe rest a few players for that game. Its so frustrating at times this season watching City from sublime to shambolic.

More proof this squad is just not up to it. Either technically or in attitude. Sick of hearing Komps, Fern and Sagna all week about no one should write us off, we're still in the title hunt...etc. Sorry to disagree but we carried no attacking threat at all. Norwich were comfortable all game. Nothing on target all second half. Really don't know where we go from here but I can't quite easily see us finishing below W

Unbelievably unfair ? really ? He is neither good enough technically nor does he work hard enough. If he's asked to play in a different role (doubt it considering Pellegrini's lack of tactical preparation) I expect him to work his balls off, sweat like hell for the shirt and make life as difficult as possible for the Norwich defenders. He strolled around and gave a very good impression of someone who didn't give a fuck. He looks half asleep at the best of times and a few kilos overweight to boot. Totally unsuited to our club and should never have been bought.

Oh and ye, I spoke with my dad about that earlier actually, many City players don't do what should be a fundamental part of the sport, if you're not playing well, you make up for that through effort and Bony doesn't do that which I agree is frustrating but he isn't the only one there.

We were down for the match last Saturday and after the game headed back to the hotel, had a couple of beers in the bar watching Dortmund v Bayern. Was saying to my son couldn't believe how quickly Bayern tried to get the ball forward. The pace of their play was astonishing. When they got the ball in their own half they just pinged it forward immediately.
Then I watch us today and I see Silva as a culprit...the guy has just stopped running with the ball, gets it in midfield, hangs on to it, twists left and right and slows things right down. Right near the end of that match when we had a real chance to break on, he gets the ball on the half way line and turns back instead of pushing the ball forward quickly. Earlier in the 2nd half, he had several chances when he was on his left foot, edge of the box and the chance to curl in a shot or play it in the box and instead he looks for the easy option...playing it out wide. We're trying to win a title here and no-one seems to want to try the shot or pass that might win it for us.
Add on the fact that Fernando and Fernandinho offer very little creativity and that is virtually the whole midfield providing very little for the guys up front. I think it is our midfield that needs the biggest overhaul in the summer, it's nowhere near good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.