Norwich VS city post match thread

He would of put in a decent delivery on the set pieces though.
I hate to remind you, but our free kicks were equally woeful before he got injured, since his arrival we seem to have developed a stupid free kick routine, where three stand round the ball, then one passes about a foot, so one of the others can hit it straight into an advancing wall, we did it yesterday without him.

What we're desperately in need of of, is new routines, for free kicks, corners, and throw ins, and I'd go so far as to add the distribution from the keeper, whereby we seem to think every ball has to be knocked long to whatever fullback is stood on the touchline, usually the right one, who then has one option, head it in field in the hope we can pick up the scraps. We've become utterly predictable with virtually any dead ball scenario, and none of them work, and its little wonder teams are happy to give them away to us.

I hate to remind you, but our free kicks were equally woeful before he got injured, since his arrival we seem to have developed a stupid free kick routine, where three stand round the ball, then one passes about a foot, so one of the others can hit it straight into an advancing wall, we did it yesterday without him.

What we're desperately in need of of, is new routines, for free kicks, corners, and throw ins, and I'd go so far as to add the distribution from the keeper, whereby we seem to think every ball has to be knocked long to whatever fullback is stood on the touchline, usually the right one, who then has one option, head it in field in the hope we can pick up the scraps. We've become utterly predictable with virtually any dead ball scenario, and none of them work, and its little wonder teams are happy to give them away to us.

That last paragraph is totally down to the manager and coaches. Like you say it's utterly predicable. I don't know why the fans make any noise when we get a corner it's just as likely to lead to a goal for the opposition.

That last paragraph is totally down to the manager and coaches.
Why is it though ? Surely they can vary what they do on the pitch, especially when it doesn't work so regularly.

On one hand Mr P is too nice and doesn't tell them off enough, and yet on the other hand we're expected to believe that they are too scared to vary a free kick, corner, or throw in, routine. Sorry but that doesn't add up.

I nearly got excited yesterday when we won a free kick just outside the box, and for a change we had no Yaya, so Sergio went to take it, then Silva went and stood next to him, then the push it a foot, and hit the wall routine. I didn't bother with any excitement after that, because you know what is going to happen. Nothing.

Why is it though ? Surely they can vary what they do on the pitch, especially when it doesn't work so regularly.

On one hand Mr P is too nice and doesn't tell them off enough, and yet on the other hand we're expected to believe that they are too scared to vary a free kick, corner, or throw in, routine. Sorry but that doesn't add up.

I nearly got excited yesterday when we won a free kick just outside the box, and for a change we had no Yaya, so Sergio went to take it, then Silva went and stood next to him, then the push it a foot, and hit the wall routine. I didn't bother with any excitement after that, because you know what is going to happen. Nothing.

I don't know. It's a mystery along with many others this season.

every corner we have had taken recently by Silva seems to be the same, a high outswinger that seems to take about 2 minutes to actually reach the penalty area, it arrives with no pace on it, far too high and ends up (in the rare instance that one of our players gets on the end of it) headed well over/well past the bar/post. This style of corner gives our players no chance of getting any power on a header, how many times have you seen the likes of Otamendi or Toure having to almost check their run, take a step back and then attempt an odd looking vertical take off manoeuvre, in a vain attempt to reach it.
This routine needs to be varied, ping in some in swingers at pace.

Totally predictable, team selection, tactics, substitutions. Oh for some form of life on the pitch and not this turgid shite.

Completely agree and we are missing him potentially playing in what will be his best position and thats centrally behind Kun.

Pep will have Kun up top with KdB in behind and it will be fantastic.
It was the same when De Bruyne played in most games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.