Norwich Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SebastianBlue said:
I am with other posters, our Achilles heel thus far this season is our absolute need to walk the ball in to goal after no less than 62,418 passes. It has frustrated me to no end, especially with the sort of direct pass talent we have in Yaya, Silva, and Nasri (as much as he was at fault for the United loss we have really missed Sami). That said, Yaya, Tevez, Aguero, and Barry have all gone off the boil as of late, so I don't know if we have it in our core right now.

Am I the only one that wants Dzeko to start along side Aguero for this one?

All our players in the main are below what they are capable of this season.

The finishing power of both Tevez and Kun is not what is was last season.

No doubt they have the talent and ability to rectify this.

For example last season Tevez was using the better option than he has this season.

He thought he could blast the ball past Sunderland's keeper in his clearest opportunity last week when one on one not realizing he could have tapped the ball the his right and placed it easily in the back of the net like he would have done when at his clinical best.

Silva would have lifted the ball over the keeper at his confident best rather then hitting it low and week into the oncoming keeper notwithstanding he had little time to move or make a decision but at his best his instincts to take the best option take over.

Our forwards like all of them are down on confidence and confidence is everything for a striker.

It has much more to with this than the formations the patterns we run and how quick we get the ball into the opposition third but in saying that I like most would wish we move forward much more quickly than we did against Sunderland and others etc.

i think were going to see Dzeko/Aguero up top today. Big man little man partnership. Hopefully the memories of carrow road last season can spur them on and the strikers can bang in a few. going for a 4-1 win today.

bluestew666 said:
i think were going to see Dzeko/Aguero up top today. Big man little man partnership. Hopefully the memories of carrow road last season can spur them on and the strikers can bang in a few. going for a 4-1 win today.

Hope you are right on the money.

4-0 conceding in the 94th minute will be the right tonic for me.

Balotelli should be up front on his own, drop Tevez and Aguero. Give Balo 60 mins (mancini should ensure balls are threaded through to him by Silva/Yaya & nasri if fit), and watch him go!

Brendan110_0 said:
Balotelli should be up front on his own, drop Tevez and Aguero. Give Balo 60 mins (mancini should ensure balls are threaded through to him by Silva/Yaya & nasri if fit), and watch him go!
Are you on drugs? He does not have energy we need at the minute!

Lineup for todays game:

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Nastasic, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Barry, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko

From the official Twitter account. What do you think about todays team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.