Norwich Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I read the pre match thread does everybody say let's play Scott Sinclair when the guy is absolute dog shit. Mancini will never play with width. Even if Sinclair started it would never alter how we play because they would just avoid passing to him.

mscenterh750 said:
I will probably get some sort of abuse for this, but here goes. To play with width you generally need wingers, so for that scenario we could play Sinclair and Mario (the latter could play as a wide striker), or play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs, but as I see it neither will happen a) Sinclair doesn't get a chance and Mario will either be injured or not trusted and b) our only genuine way of playing with wing backs is if both Clichy and Richards are fit (one maybe one not), as Zaba hasn't really the pace to do this and Kolarov can't defend (or is still injured). For all the berating Nasri gets on here, he could do a job out wide (and another creative option) but unfortunately he will more than likely be missing. So I just don't see what Mancini will or can do, to help break the unpredictably in our play, we really need more speed and a more direct approach from somewhere, but where I don't know. I feel it will be no different from yesterday, which makes me worry. Sorry if It's a touch negative.

You're not being negative mate. This is where Mancini has to step up to the plate. Even with key players missing he could still change it around for example by playing Jimmy Milner on one wing and Sinclair on the other with Djeko in the middle ( not drifting onto the wing) and Kun behind Djeko. With these two wide AMs the full backs could hang back a bit more to give us more defensive stability. There are other options/players he could deploy to give us more width/pace. He has to show the bottle and vision to do it.

I think our recent performances are squarely down to Aguero and Tevez playing poorly, they seem to be bullet proof though.

I agree with you Len, he has to do something (if Rodwell had been fit, Yaya could have been given a rest), It's so predictable at the min, and we depend on the same players, so when they are stopped or don't perform then neither do we. Regarding Sinclair maybe he should be given the chance to prove he's allegedly dog shit, as of this minute I've not seen it as I've not seen him, we may be pleasantly surprised.

Hart, Kolo, Komps, Nasty, Zab, Barry, Garcia, Milner, Yaya, Silva, Aguero.

This wouldn't be my choice but I think it is the team Mancini will go with. I assume Clichy, Maicon, Nasri, Kolarov and Mario and the other usual suspects are still injured or ill. I really don't think we will win either - sorry pessimism has taken hold. Edin and Lescott will start v Stoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.