Nostalgia

Mind yer car mister,
Have correct money!,
The end of the world is nigh!,
Tra la la la Sumerbee!,
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeellllll drink a drink a drink to colin the king the king the king...................
SIT DOWN! (platt lane grumps),
Half time scores, racing results!

Happy days watching the football at Maine road.

I grew up in Baguley and as a kid Hall Lane Shops at Xmas was a magical place with the smell of fir trees , geese and turkeys hanging in the butchers windows . A Season of plenty , frost on the flagstones and crisp cold air. I count myself so fortunate to have grown up in that time when we had nowt but had everything we needed.

I grew up in Baguley and as a kid Hall Lane Shops at Xmas was a magical place with the smell of fir trees , geese and turkeys hanging in the butchers windows . A Season of plenty , frost on the flagstones and crisp cold air. I count myself so fortunate to have grown up in that time when we had nowt but had everything we needed.
Great post but why was the Hovis music playing in my head when i read it? :-)

Kids walking 3 miles to school
Rip Raps
Stray dogs
Quarter lights on cars
Park Drive tipped (Blue packet)
No 6
Wages in cash
"Wages in cash"
Carefully tearing a half inch corner off the envelope in a vain attempt to count the notes before you opened the envelope.
Funnily enough, it was never wrong, because whoever put the cash in took pride in the job.
Unlike now, where "computer errors" are more common than they should be, and always seem to favour the banks, with the odd, overreported, joyous exception.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.