not anymore

farpost said:
listening to Piccadilly 261 on a Saturday and hearing "it's a goal!" or "Oh no!" half way through a song and having to wait until the end of it to see which team it was!! It was rarely good news!!
James H Reeve winding up Tommy Docherty on Piccadilly Radio

As regards the burger carts,yeah hung over ,starving,thought ,i,ll buy a burger"do ya wont ketchup mate" looked up, saw the no.11 on his top lip."no mate changed my mind,don,t want one".never again.

the 105 from benchill getting off at the red brick bus depot
Shitting it going down the alley ways to the ground.....a muggers paradise!

Getting there early to get the players autographs as they walked from the car park near the Platt lane to the "Players Entrance". They always signed!!!

The smell of the gents on Kippax.....
The walk up the tunnell in the middle of the Kippax and that beautiful swathe of green that emerged over the horizon...
The smell of cigar smoke......

God I loved that place!!!!!

The rope they used as segregation on derby day from the front to the back of the kippax.
The noise from the bricks and bottles hitting the steel girders of the kippax roof.
Having to take your laces out of your DM's or monkeyboots at Brighton one year.
No heating on the football specials in winter and total darkness because all the lightbulbs had been launched out the windows as you went through other stations.

im with you on that one with the trains,us littler ones in the racks above the seats on the br,trains,and pulling into some sidings in the middle of nowhere for no apparent reason,and SIR DONALD asking for ten pence.

Lancashire Blue said:
That big MEN printing van which would park on the forecourt selling papers with half time scores at the end of the game. (When it was the MEN and not MUEN as it is now)

The "Souvenir" shop, tiny and usually 6 deep. One counter and usually only Janice and one or two others serving if you were lucky.

:D janice is the reason i support city she lives across the road from my grandma and gave my (ex-dipper) dad free tickets thus converting him before i was born

mainestand said:
The rope they used as segregation on derby day from the front to the back of the kippax.
The noise from the bricks and bottles hitting the steel girders of the kippax roof.
Having to take your laces out of your DM's or monkeyboots at Brighton one year.
No heating on the football specials in winter and total darkness because all the lightbulbs had been launched out the windows as you went through other stations.

happy days

lancs blue said:
Lancashire Blue said:
That big MEN printing van which would park on the forecourt selling papers with half time scores at the end of the game. (When it was the MEN and not MUEN as it is now)

The "Souvenir" shop, tiny and usually 6 deep. One counter and usually only Janice and one or two others serving if you were lucky.

It's always been the MUEN, the Evening Chronicle was the City paper.

The lad with the trolley selling revolting "hot drinks" and Wagon Wheels that he used to wheel around the perimeter track at Maine Road.

But the Evening Chron footy paper was green!

Rattles and rosettes.

Trolley buses, especially the 213 to Greenheys.

Buses with open doors at the back. Cream and blue Rochdale buses. Dave Ewing, aaah, Wee Davey Ewing, he's gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.