not anymore

City scarf knitted by yer mum or gran...
Feather cuts...
Fish-tail parkas with a union jack sewed on the back and those little brass studs that you could push through the material and spell MCFC RULE...
Miners helmets(like building site safety headwear nowdays)....painted blue with CITY crudely painted on it ....worn to deflect the inevitable bricks and bottles!!.
G.I.boots from the army and navy in moss side...also known as 'dead mens boots' cos they were all second hand -cool as fook cos they came half way up yer shin.
As for the squirt- burger vans ...once saw one of vendors drop a barm on the forecourt outside Main road,picked it up and wiped it down the front of his minging overalls.Not content with that he then wiped the said barm along the counter(like you would mopping gravy up) and returned it to the plastic bag with the others.Nice.
Happy days.

The steaming hot Bovril from the stall at the back of the kippax, you bought it on the way in so it was just about drinkable at half time. That same steaming hot Bovril being thrown in the face of a rag on derby day, when it was rope segregation because he'd spat at another blue.

Always got took in the Platt Lane by the old fella when I was a nipper, 1976 first time in the Kippax, Newcastle at home, when King Colin came on the roar that went up was the loudest noise I had ever heard, proper hair on the back of the neck and little bit of pee down the leg stuff when you are 10 years old, gutted that he never came back properly from that injury, Dennis Tueart was never a replacement when you are that old.
Also remember the feeling of absolute betrayal I felt when Peter Barnes pulled on a rag shirt, gutted.

Clevers said:
Brian Clarke commentating on the radio.

I remember once he was doing the commentary at City, and must have had a flashback to a rugby league match because he was talking about Warrington attacking up the wing.

On another occasion he was describing Ipswich when we were playing someone else.

I also remember a feature in the programme in the 80's called the Captain's Log where the then captain (whose name I can't remember) always seemed to write about his DIY activities. Such gems as I bought some rolls of analglypta and a tin of emulsion.

That was Brian Gayle! Last seen co-starring in Mean Machine with Vinnie Jones

sew on sponsor badges remember my mum sewing a brother badge bought from shop for the maroon white stripe top 89/90
the scoreboard at the back of north stand that i never saw on once
hearing the crowd as a kid from my house
throwing shit at team coaches going down yew tree road still remember the liverpool team bus shittin it except for steve mcmahon who wanted to jump out and kill us
the city shop on corner of maine road claremont road
getting in the junior blues events at the city club with my cousins card from year before
biking down to maine road just to see if owt were going on
spending any time off school to watch team train or a team play at platt lane

The smell at Maine Rd; horse shit, bovril, smoke and, soggy burgers and stale ale.

'Can I mind your car mate'... said the 18 yr old 15st Moss Side resident

JCB001 said:
pedigreeblue said:
v QPR think was a monday night...fireworks aswell...

KWS performed a KC & the sunshine band song at hime time

It was Undercover 'performing' Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty.

Not sure they were plugged in though....

Dog Shit Alley Number 1, 2, 3 etc

We Have Cornered the Market advert on the scoreboard every corner.

Player nicknames announced when they score:

Andy 'the Magician' Morrison, Paul 'the Destroyer' Dickov, Kevin 'Hurricane' Horlock etc

Denis Law bar, people duckingin the Kippax tunnels despite being no where near the roof, photo membership cards needed to pay in the kippax, £5 more for a shirt with the sponsor on.

And:
wellyphantweb2.jpg

The hair raising feeling every time you got to the Piccadilly 1152 sign on the tunnel in the Kippax and that awesome scene on night matches as the light and seemingly too green grass came into view.

DrBlueBob said:
White dog poo. Where did that go?
it was something that was put in the dogfood at the time,that turned it white like that,did anyone ever do that one where youd think it was a stone/ducker and it exploded into a puff of smoke like a genie out of a lamp,it did to me many times ha ha

Standing in the same spot week in week out on the kippax. Arriving and finding some tourist stood there.
Bit like when i went away to juventus empty seats everywhere , sat down and an italian came up to me and pointed at his ticket stub. Can understand that.
Getting in Maine Road at threequater time when the gates opened.
Collecting other teams scarves and hanging them from your belt as a trophy.
(Look how hard I am )
The singing
The comradeship
The I'll never come agains, see you next week.
Loved every moment
Pass a hankie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.