not anymore

Brian Clarke commentating on the radio.

I remember once he was doing the commentary at City, and must have had a flashback to a rugby league match because he was talking about Warrington attacking up the wing.

On another occasion he was describing Ipswich when we were playing someone else.

I also remember a feature in the programme in the 80's called the Captain's Log where the then captain (whose name I can't remember) always seemed to write about his DIY activities. Such gems as I bought some rolls of analglypta and a tin of emulsion.

28m4gp.jpg

butcher coats,Rosettes,scarves on wrist,flared trousers,dm's,bowler hats,home made flags,proper mates,feck me top days them,(1976)

Budgie jackets LOL with monkey boots....nostalgia kicking in !

Young Paul ( I think ) the mascot who just ran round the pitch for 10 mins before kick off.
When he came out the atmosphere rose as we got closer to KO
He always seemed to run pull his socks up every 50 yds or so !

getting to the ground and looking what number is was, to get it out of your season ticket book and dodging horse/dog shit in the ginnel behind the platt lane...

middletonblue said:
getting to the ground and looking what number is was, to get it out of your season ticket book and dodging horse/dog shit in the ginnel behind the platt lane...

It was never 13 though.

jack n vera,s cladding around maine road, queing up on a sunday with your token sheet for the derby ticket at the platt lane turnstiles, clearing 10.000 tickets in an hour, then rooting out reds trying to buy tickets off the blues? happy day,s?<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:13 am --<br /><br />the famous platt lane boys choir?

SpiritofBurnden said:
Sponsored cars with player's names on them.

Perry Suckling had a Hyundai Pony....I remember that.

Great songs too:

"Allo, Allo, City aggro, City aggro" when there was a bit of "pwopper nawtiness" or even there was a bad tackle on the field.

"Man united, man united, you're not fit to wipe my arse"

"Georgie Best, superstar, walks like a woman and he wears a bra"

[/quote]

The end is nigh nutters are still there ..they now stand outside the swamp with green and yellow scarfs on

[/quote]

Got to be one for a photoshop

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.