Not as good as last season

black mamba said:
nwhn3 said:
We are champions it was never going to be easier. However our transfer activity was poor to say the least in the summer. Some you win some you lose. Hopefully we have learned the lessons

That's about it ....

the rags have simply been more determined than us to make things happen this season.
bullshit and more bullshit.

The difference is our relatively poor home form - we simply haven't got anywhere near the heights of last season. We have dropped points for 3 draws and a defeat (so far) compared with only 1 draw last year. That's 8 points less folks.

summerseat blue said:
black mamba said:
nwhn3 said:
We are champions it was never going to be easier. However our transfer activity was poor to say the least in the summer. Some you win some you lose. Hopefully we have learned the lessons

That's about it ....

the rags have simply been more determined than us to make things happen this season.
It's not determination now, but determination in the early games which we drew which we should have won. The indignation has been eating into the reds all Summer and they have used it to positive effect

They also have great finishers. It's determination and finishing power.

However, the best thing about today was the return of Aguero. He was magnificent in that 2nd half, and if he plays like that for the rest of the season we will score a lot more goals and win more games

I'm prepared to say that at the moment Utd are the best, but it's not over until May. We will come back

Definitely not as good as last year. Still, if we finish second it'll be a decent season. Too many injuries and players missing form to really be consistent. That and a poor transfer window.

Marvin said:
summerseat blue said:
black mamba said:
That's about it ....

It's not determination now, but determination in the early games which we drew which we should have won. The indignation has been eating into the reds all Summer and they have used it to positive effect

However, the best thing about today was the return of Aguero. He was magnificent in that 2nd half, and if he plays like that for the rest of the season we will score a lot more goals and win more games

I'm prepared to say that at the moment Utd are the best, but it's not over until May. We will come back
they have won games when they have been shit and we hav'nt

I still have faith in Mancini but anyone can clearly see we have much better players than United but we are a damn sight easier to play against than them. Mancini has to learn lessons and quick, I for one am not blaming the transfer window. The only significant loss from last season has been De Jong, but some of our best games last season, such as the 5-1 at White Hart Lane, the 4-0 at Blackburn, the 6-1 against the Scum and the 3-0 against Liverpool were all done without him.

Whether it's because teams have figured us out or not, we're being beaten to the title fairly easily by a team that still relies on Paul Scholes to run their midfield, I'm not one of these to just blame the manager after every poor result normally, but we're so predictable and depressing to watch this season, I can accept coming second if you're beaten by a better side, but no way are United better on paper, we should be wiping the floor with them.

Mr Partridge said:
I still have faith in Mancini but anyone can clearly see we have much better players than United but we are a damn sight easier to play against than them. Mancini has to learn lessons and quick, I for one am not blaming the transfer window. The only significant loss from last season has been De Jong, but some of our best games last season, such as the 5-1 at White Hart Lane, the 4-0 at Blackburn, the 6-1 against the Scum and the 3-0 against Liverpool were all done without him.

Whether it's because teams have figured us out or not, we're being beaten to the title fairly easily by a team that still relies on Paul Scholes to run their midfield, I'm not one of these to just blame the manager after every poor result normally, but we're so predictable and depressing to watch this season, I can accept coming second if you're beaten by a better side, but no way are United better on paper, we should be wiping the floor with them.

^^^Agreed. It hurts to look at the table seeing the rag scum 9-points ahead when all they bloody did was buy RVP. Don't get me wrong RVP is a quality forward but their midfield/defence are basically the bloody same.

So that only leaves us to take a look at ourselves this season and see how we have under achieved so far.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Mr Partridge said:

^^^Agreed. It hurts to look at the table seeing the rag scum 9-points ahead when all they bloody did was buy RVP. Don't get me wrong RVP is a quality forward but their midfield/defence are basically the bloody same.

So that only leaves us to take a look at ourselves this season and see how we have under achieved so far.
They've had a much healthier squad this season too. Plus players like Young Rafael Carrick Ferdinand have really stepped up from last season.

summerseat blue said:
Marvin said:
summerseat blue said:

they have won games when they have been shit and we hav'nt
That's in black and white in the League table. But the season is only 2/3rds complete and some muppets have the impression that it ends next week

Last season Utd turned around a 3 point deficit at the beginning of February to lead us by 8 points. We still have to play them so why can't we catch them? They keep winning and doing just enough, but I remain convinced that they will slip up when the Champions League starts and they have to play 2 big games in 3/4 days. They can do that once or twice, but if they get to the CL Quarters it will take its toll for sure

The question is not whether they will slip up, but whether we can get close enough to make them feel the pressure and to take advantage

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.