"Not Enough Players!"

johnny crossan said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
I happen to be one of those who don't believe the "myth" that Yaya lacks stamina.He often looks tired and completely gone but that's just the way he is. Many times ,immediately after one of those runs and collapses,he still somehow manages to repeat the feat despite fans saying he needs to come off because he is knackered. Thats why Mancini picks him for every game. Or is Mancini wrong. And yes I accept a rest would be a good idea but that's mental as much as anything. What Yaya doesnt have is a brilliant recovery mentality or a fast first 5 yards or so. Like Micah, (or like Micah used to do) after a long surge, he tends to jog back slowly but the power and energy I believe are still there.
It's the slow jog around the edge of the penalty area while Fulham equalised that bothered me.

By the time they equalised Yaya had actually beeen given a more forward role following Silva coming off so it wasnt really his role to be covering the area that mattered. I would more wonder where Zaba was bearing in mind he was brought on to make the middle tighter.

Trouble is Zaba isnt a midfield player. He doesnt think like one and the result was he was too deep.I don't think it was all down to Zaba though but more a collective failure and those who were there,like me watching on telly, sort of felt the goal was coming as we had stopped playing.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
johnny crossan said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
I happen to be one of those who don't believe the "myth" that Yaya lacks stamina.He often looks tired and completely gone but that's just the way he is. Many times ,immediately after one of those runs and collapses,he still somehow manages to repeat the feat despite fans saying he needs to come off because he is knackered. Thats why Mancini picks him for every game. Or is Mancini wrong. And yes I accept a rest would be a good idea but that's mental as much as anything. What Yaya doesnt have is a brilliant recovery mentality or a fast first 5 yards or so. Like Micah, (or like Micah used to do) after a long surge, he tends to jog back slowly but the power and energy I believe are still there.
It's the slow jog around the edge of the penalty area while Fulham equalised that bothered me.

By the time they equalised Yaya had actually beeen given a more forward role following Silva coming off so it wasnt really his role to be covering the area that mattered. I would more wonder where Zaba was bearing in mind he was brought on to make the middle tighter.

Trouble is Zaba isnt a midfield player. He doesnt think like one and the result was he was too deep.I don't think it was all down to Zaba though but more a collective failure and those who were there,like me watching on telly, sort of felt the goal was coming as we had stopped playing.
if the facts don't fit the the theory - so much the worse for the facts! If Yaya had moved himself a couple of yards quicker we would have 2 extra points.
Both their goals actually - evidence for the prosecution - starting after 4 minutes 20 seconds & 7 minutes 40 seconds
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/Fulham-v-City-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

↑ Swap Nige for Yaya and likely he would have intercepted that ball or kicked it out of play for that first goal. You just know it, because we've seen him do that time and time again in situations like that.

But hey you can't nitpick at things like that, Yaya's not as mobile, mate.

Jumanji said:
↑ Swap Nige for Yaya and likely he would have intercepted that ball or kicked it out of play for that first goal. You just know it, because we've seen him do that time and time again in situations like that.
But hey you can't nitpick at things like that, Yaya's not as mobile, mate.
there were a lot of nits picked in the dressing room afterwards I'm told :)

Nelly's Left Foot said:
johnny crossan said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

True-he got drawn to the player on the ball where there was already enough cover.He gave the player behind him space to get his shot in.No lack of commitment just bad decision making.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.