"Not Enough Players!"

Nelly's Left Foot said:
It's clearly what he meant but it's still clearly a sad situation if the manager is seriously suggesting that we lost points at Fulham from 2 up because he was short of players in central midfield.
I hope you aren't saying Yaya and Barry looked fresh at all yesterday. (Both who've played the lion's share of minutes thus far, one of whom already has a lack of great stamina)

Jumanji said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
It's clearly what he meant but it's still clearly a sad situation if the manager is seriously suggesting that we lost points at Fulham from 2 up because he was short of players in central midfield.
I hope you aren't saying Yaya and Barry looked fresh at all yesterday. (Both who've played the lion's share of minutes thus far, one of whom already has a lack of great stamina)

No I agree both look knackered after a long hard season and clearly need a good long rest.

But seriously the reason we ended with a draw is imo nothing to do with central midfield being tired but plenty to do with defenders not doing the job properly and a little to do with a tactical approach that changed our approach to the match and didn't work.

Jumanji said:
superwatsonwatson said:
What Roberto is saying there is being mis-interpreted by the papers and SSN.
Obviously! I am not the type to issue insults to those who join in this kind of obfuscation, but I have a brother who isn't shy at about doing just that :-)

I will leave it up top him to set some folks straight

-- Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:00 am --

To be honest, I think CIty dropped points just because. Sometimes in football, you will drop points. It has nothing to do with tiredness or any mental fatigue.

I mean we should have buried them, which we didn't. Bu had a comfortable lead, got unlucky and let them slip one in. They got confident and really fought to put in a 2nd. This happens a lot. It is just football.

Granted the ready made excuse was there. The way I understood it (and I am admitting to stretching Mancini's claim to avoid the ridiculous) is that Mancini was simply saying he didn't have the option to rotate his CM coz he had other guys out. By that he is saying, even if he wanted too, it wasn't an option.

I truly don't believe the inability to rotate in the 6th game of the season had any effect on the players or the outcome. Frankly you rotate this early in the season not because of fatigue, but because you want to save all your players and make sure they are still firing in March, April, and May when the Men are separated from the boys. The truth is an 2 players can play all the games in September and October without missing a beat. The effects will become apparent in April when thwy fall away to fatigue, and not in one fluke game in September they lost points on due to a normal bad patch in the game.

Jumanji said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
The lion's share of six games??? Aww, bless them, the poor little lambs.

Thanks for your sarcasm, but you should know that we're not nearly at full fitness, no team is. I hope you don't underestimate recovery especially considering not everyone has Milner's stamina or heals quickly.

Jumanji said:
Thanks for your sarcasm, but you should know that we're not nearly at full fitness, no team is. I hope you don't underestimate recovery especially considering not everyone has Milner's stamina or heals quickly.

Not nearly at full fitness? You will have to explain that one to me. Are you now suggesting we havent played anough games to attain full match fitness?

I think Dazxxx's brother was about right.It happens.

Nothing to do with fitness or lack of midfield players but it happens and usually because somebody makes a mistake (i'e doesnt do their job properly)

Look how long it took for Yaya to build his stamina, mate.

And no, we're not at full fitness. I don't believe that. We are relatively fit (hopefully you understand what I mean using the word relatively), but there is no doubt we will be even fitter.

blueinsa said:
Damocles said:
blueinsa said:
The most ridiculous and frankly embarrassing excuse ever.

A dangerous road to start going down imo for Bob and he needs to get his players performing for 90 mins instead of switching off.

We have 23 players and that includes the like of Onohua and Bridge. Who exactly could he have played instead of the two mids yesterday?

Damo stop it, stop it right now.

One of the most expensively assembled squads in world football.

We can not start peddling excuses like this.

We dropped points yesterday because we switched off again and failed to perform for the full 90 mins. Games should have been over by half time again but we failed to put the chances away, again.

Fulham started their season in June and had 24 hours less rest than us this week yet in the second half they are all over us like a rash?

Tiredness and a lack of players.......never!

Agree totally...didn't this happen to us against Fulham at home the other season also - after they'd played 6 games in 15 days or so ?

Jumanji said:
Look how long it took for Yaya to build his stamina, mate.

And no, we're not at full fitness. I don't believe that. We are relatively fit (hopefully you understand what I mean using the word relatively), but there is no doubt we will be even fitter.

I happen to be one of those who don't believe the "myth" that Yaya lacks stamina.He often looks tired and completely gone but that's just the way he is. Many times ,immediately after one of those runs and collapses,he still somehow manages to repeat the feat despite fans saying he needs to come off because he is knackered.

Thats why Mancini picks him for every game.Or is Mancini wrong. And yes I accept a rest would be a good idea but that's mental as much as anything.

What Yaya doesnt have is a brilliant recovery mentality or a fast first 5 yards or so. Like Micah,or like Micah used to do) after a long surge ,he tends to jog back slowly but thr power and energy I believe are still there.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
I happen to be one of those who don't believe the "myth" that Yaya lacks stamina.He often looks tired and completely gone but that's just the way he is. Many times ,immediately after one of those runs and collapses,he still somehow manages to repeat the feat despite fans saying he needs to come off because he is knackered. Thats why Mancini picks him for every game. Or is Mancini wrong. And yes I accept a rest would be a good idea but that's mental as much as anything. What Yaya doesnt have is a brilliant recovery mentality or a fast first 5 yards or so. Like Micah, (or like Micah used to do) after a long surge, he tends to jog back slowly but the power and energy I believe are still there.
It's the slow jog around the edge of the penalty area while Fulham equalised that bothered me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.