"Not Enough Players!"

you can only have 25 players and we have 23, so why didnt he keep swp and bellers, both mid players

bluestevei said:
you can only have 25 players and we have 23, so why didnt he keep swp and bellers, both mid players

swp and bellamy are central midfielders ?

citymad said:
jimharri said:
WNRH said:
Professional players can play 2 games a week, they can even play a game every day, but for them to be 100% every game they need at least 3 days recovery time after each game.
We played on Wednesday night; that left Thursday, Friday and Saturday between the two games. 3 days.

No it's not we played at 3pm on Saturday and 7.30 on weds. That's not quite 3 days more like 2 and 3/4 days. So not quite enough rest.

Oh come on just trying to lighten things up!!
Behave!

he was saying two midfielders were out injured. not that we need to buy more players.

ie we need more players (fit and available)

fucking media wankers! and it looks like sum of you have been taken in. shame on you

Why is it that professional footballers have never been fitter but excuses of tiredness come out so early?

If they're not match fit, they're jaded - there never seems to be anyting inbetween

So a player has been in 6 bloody games without a break - so what?

Isn't that what 150k a week is supposed to pay for?

If the manager is talking like this now, God help us at Christmas or later in the season if we have a winter like last one.

A bit of creativity needed me thinks.

Barca have had injury problems. Puyol and Pique have been out for a while.

Guardiola's response. Put Busquets and Mascherano back in defence. Play three at the back.

Surely we could do the same in reverse. We have plenty of fit defenders at the moment. Surely Kompany could fill in while de Jong and Milner are out.

If we had Kompany alongside Barry/Yaya, we could put Savic or Toure in at the back.

bluefromleve32 said:
he was saying two midfielders were out injured. not that we need to buy more players.

ie we need more players (fit and available)

fucking media wankers! and it looks like sum of you have been taken in. shame on you

Agreed.
Thank God somebody else sees this is what he meant!

I'm not Mancini's biggest fan, I will be honest and he's not my no.1 choice to be our manager BUT on this issue I agree with him. He was specifically referring to MIDFIELD players despite the sensational media reporting. For a team who wants to win the Premier League AND Champions League I don't think we have got enough quality in midfield. Players we can bring on to change a game.

Barcelona Midfield: Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Thiago, Affellay, Busquets, Mascherano, Keita, Sanchez

Now that is a squad with midfield options. If Silva is injured then we will struggle no question. It's also no secret that Mancini would've loved De Rossi but had to settle for Hargreaves. One more creative MF like a Sneijder would make the squad perfect, IMO. I also think our defensive options are not so good either. One more TOP central defender is needed. The top teams in Europe do not stand still they always look to add quality to their squads and that's what we must do. JUST IGNORE THE CONSTANT MEDIA SNIPING.

It's clearly what he meant but it's still clearly a sad situation if the manager is seriously suggesting that we lost points at Fulham from 2 up because he was short of players in central midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.