Not from Manchester, Not from the Uk, and I am a City Fan

the kippax kid said:
Ektopas said:
I cannot say I´m a City fan or supporter. I´m from Buenos Aires, Argentina. And I´m a Boca Juniors supporter. I used to follow the team everywhere, even travelling for 20 hours just to watch a game and come back home right after the match (20 more hours). Its been almost an year since I dont go to the stadium, because of personal matters. I feel certain sympathy for Manchester City. First of all, because I´ve allways felt curious about the fact that in almost every city in the planet, there are two football clubs with complete different backgrounds. One of them, is the rich team. And the other is the poor, the popular one. Boca Juniors belong to the second type. And, for what I was told, so is Manchester City (The People´s Club). Besides, as a Boca Juniors supporter, I try to watch every match in wich our Carlos Tevez play. Maybe, right now, he is not your favourite player. But, he plays as a real "bostero" (that´s how we are called).

You sound like a decent lad and we would welcome city fans like yourself I think a lot of blues (me included) are uneasy about accepting 'new' city fans which seem to have picked us as their club just because we're doing well.
Tevez is the best footballer i've ever seen in a blue shirt, its just he has let himself down by acting like a prick but I do find it funny how fickle us football fans are.

viva tevez!

whats a bostero?

Argentine gravy granuals

whothefisAlice said:
Read the first 5 pages and couldn't go any further. Fuck right off posting about how you are such a huge, die hard, lifer City fan and you starting supporting us 2 years ago. F.f.s this is getting bad.

Plenty of overseas Blues have supported us for donkeys years. Dont fucking come on here and prance around Timbuktu and fucking Uganda and Hickville mountain city giving it the biggen about passionate City fan. It really is hard to knock on the Rags for all their gloryboys and day-trippers when we are accepting so many cretinous bandwagoners almost over night.

From Manchester and a Blue it means the most, Don't give a shit where you are from but don't suddenly try and rub shoulders with people who have been through it all with City.
Fucking unbelievable.

Another bellend spewing shit out again!

rastus said:
the kippax kid said:
Ektopas said:
I cannot say I´m a City fan or supporter. I´m from Buenos Aires, Argentina. And I´m a Boca Juniors supporter. I used to follow the team everywhere, even travelling for 20 hours just to watch a game and come back home right after the match (20 more hours). Its been almost an year since I dont go to the stadium, because of personal matters. I feel certain sympathy for Manchester City. First of all, because I´ve allways felt curious about the fact that in almost every city in the planet, there are two football clubs with complete different backgrounds. One of them, is the rich team. And the other is the poor, the popular one. Boca Juniors belong to the second type. And, for what I was told, so is Manchester City (The People´s Club). Besides, as a Boca Juniors supporter, I try to watch every match in wich our Carlos Tevez play. Maybe, right now, he is not your favourite player. But, he plays as a real "bostero" (that´s how we are called).

You sound like a decent lad and we would welcome city fans like yourself I think a lot of blues (me included) are uneasy about accepting 'new' city fans which seem to have picked us as their club just because we're doing well.
Tevez is the best footballer i've ever seen in a blue shirt, its just he has let himself down by acting like a prick but I do find it funny how fickle us football fans are.

viva tevez!

whats a bostero?

Argentine gravy granuals

muy bien ;]

i too welcome new fans and hope one day to be the the new manchester united, maybe we could even join forces play in purple and have the biggest asian fanbase of all clubs in the world, imagine our corporate potential, new stadium of 150000 with £2000 season tickets as long as the "customers" sign up to the cup scheme and mumctv 24hr cable station.

there are some right hypocrites on here, your despersation for success is killing your soul

MnchstrCityBlues79 said:
I know i have posted my story before but I will again. I played "soccer" here in the states from the time I was 4 till about 18 (quit in college due to a conflict with the coach and, frankly, I was burned out). I never had a "team" per say but as a striker I was naturally drawn to Robbie Fowler (i know i know, bare with me). Around the time I got over my "burn out", i started following English "football" seriously, it was also at this time that City purchased Fowler. It wasn't just Fowler that drew me to City, it was also City's underdog status ("lovable losers" as we call 'em in the States). Ironically, my brother is a United fan so sibling rivalry drove me into City's arms as well.

So long story short, hard times and now not-so-hard times, I love City.

This, to me, is perfectly acceptable.

OK OK my turn. growing up in the US i was never a (soccer) fan i cannot lie. but everyone who i hung around played and watched the beautiful game. i have a close set of friends who do come from the UK. a couple from Swindon and a couple from Luton. all Rags.

Now i knew a lot about the PL because they watched every game and were always talking about it, and from what i understood was that everyone liked United, even in the US the only 2 teams that were liked really was arsenal and united. i have a little french in my family so i always had a soft spot for their national team too and i rooted for their players like vieira and henry and ribery and trezeguet and zidane. playing fifa really helped me get to know a lot about teams and players and basics of the game.

when it became time to decide upon a club team to follow and not just following french players i didn't know who to choose. its always been my personality to go against who everyone likes, i hate the Lakers, the Yankees, and i knew that United were upon those levels. out of the very next round of games the one we watched was United vs City 07-08 season where geovanni scored. they were explaining to me that these 2 teams hated each other and they were their opposite but they were never as good as them.

so when Geovanni scored that goal, the look on all of their faces was priceless and i knew from there i had found my team. i didn't watch every city game but i caught probably more than half of them and i always just had a soft spot for them ever since. the season after was where it really started i don't think Ive missed a game since.

I'd like to add a point here. My Dad used to watch Bolton and City in the early sixties. When Bell (from Bury) and Lee (Bolton) moved over to City he became an out and out blue. During the subsequent years of success in the late sixties could folk have rightly called him a glory hunter? Perhaps so. Sometimes it's the lore of watching great players which brings supporters to certain clubs. I can completely understand why some folk on here are uncomfortable with new fan 'arrivals'. Yet, once blooded, some fans become fans for life. Not all, but then it's those that don't that we don't want anyway so all is well. Not sure if my Dad did qualify as a glory hunter. But if he does, then I am the son of one and have supported the club all my thirty nine years. New (genuine) fans will help ensure the continuing rise of the blue moon.

the kippax kid said:
Ektopas said:

viva tevez!

whats a bostero?

"Bostero" is one of the ways we, Boca supporters, are called. It comes from "bosta" which means horse shit. Yes, it´s true. At the time that people use to transit on horse, or by drawn by horse carriages, there was men who were employed to clean the horse shit on the streets. Bosteros were that men. As you can imagine, it was not a job for fancy people... So, our rivals call us that way with a despective connotation. But, we are really proud of our "nickname".

Ektopas said:
the kippax kid said:
Ektopas said:

viva tevez!

whats a bostero?

"Bostero" is one of the ways we, Boca supporters, are called. It comes from "bosta" which means horse shit. Yes, it´s true. At the time that people use to transit on horse, or by drawn by horse carriages, there was men who were employed to clean the horse shit on the streets. Bosteros were that men. As you can imagine, it was not a job for fancy people... So, our rivals call us that way with a despective connotation. But, we are really proud of our "nickname".
hi there how are you

i was over in Buenos Aries in August last year and on the first night bumped into a lad with a City top on with Carlos Tevez on the back!
We went down to Boca because our guide was a fan and told us how much she hated the team from the river, and she never mentioned them by name
we bought Augerro whist we were there and i spent my days looking for a genuine Argentina shirt with his name on the back, they cost a bloody fortune!!!

First away trip this year an Argentinean lad and his friend saw the shirt and came over talking to me, good times

anyway, welcome

Ektopas said:
the kippax kid said:
Ektopas said:

viva tevez!

whats a bostero?

Thats a brilliant story and I think with your attitude you are very like minded to the majority of the City fans.

That was my biggest disapointment with Tevez, like you have said he is a bostero. Which makes the insulting comments about our City and the lack of respect to the fans difficult to understand. Many are not rich, supporting the team due to results and financially is a struggle. Yet on 200,000 pounds a week he chooses to moan about restaurants etc. That to me is not the behaviour of a bostero.

Im not trying to provoke an argument just wondering with your obvious values, your views on his behaviour?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.