Not just a Lescott thread. More a transfer request thread.

Pam

The following issue needs a thread of it's own. I think it is an important point but every time I raise it in the main thread, it sinks without trace because of all the other aspects of this proposed deal that e people are discussing. So I dedicate this thread to one question and one question only ... and here it is.

Why has Lescott not handed in a transfer request? Is he insane? He stands to earn £25 mill more than he would otherwise have had over the course of the next five years and his chances of winning silverware will be outrageously better than it would be if he stayed where he was, and speaking of trophy winning, God only knows what bonus payments the players will be on for winning things. The pay structure across the board in fact has to be seen to be believed and what is better still, it is utterly inflation proof.

Even the fringe benefits are second to none. We have a lear jet for the first team; we have state of the art training facilities that are endlessly being improved and developed and will, the owners promise, soon be the best in the world by a country mile ; we have an insane amount of money that not even an accountant could really get their head round, such is the unspeakable, mind-blowing enormity of it. Just as importantly, and unlike the pseudo millionaires of the Lerners and Glazers and Gillete's of this world, we're not afraid to spend it. It is also plain to see that the club is innovative and clever beyond the dreams of the likes of Abrom and the Kenyonites, which makes our prospects of success over the first decade of the project even more feasbile that it would if be if we had the fur coat, no knickers mentality of the Chavski's of this world. Christ, even our shirt is the nicest in the land.

I hear Everton have now said they wouldn't sell JL for even £30 mill, which means the ball is in Lescott's court and if he doesn't put a request in within the next 24 hours, then sack it. We are making history and Joleyn Lescott hasn't put a transfer request in??? I don't want him if he is really this gutless. Do you?

good point your making there pam. i do believe he sincerely WANTS to come to us , i just think he biding his time , maybe a transfer request has been handed in , who knows, these things dont always get reported , i do believe we will sign him , for about 20-25 maybe , no more than that .

Pam said:
The following issue needs a thread of it's own. I think it is an important point but every time I raise it in the main thread, it sinks without trace because of all the other aspects of this proposed deal that e people are discussing. So I dedicate this thread to one question and one question only ... and here it is.

Why has Lescott not handed in a transfer request? Is he insane? He stands to earn £25 mill more than he would otherwise have had over the course of the next five years and his chances of winning silverware will be outrageously better than it would be if he stayed where he was, and speaking of trophy winning, God only knows what bonus payments the players will be on for winning things. The pay structure across the board in fact has to be seen to be believed and is utterly inflation proof.

Even the fringe benefits are second to none. We have a lear jet for the first team; we have state of the art training facilities that are endlessly being improved and developed and will, the owners promise, soon be the best in the world by a country mile ; we have an insane amount of money that not even an accountant could really get their head round, such is the unspeakable, mind-blowing enormity of it. Just as importantly, and unlike the pseudo millionaires of the Lerners and Glazers and Gillete's of this world, we're not afraid to spend it. It is also plain to see that the club is innovative and clever beyond the dreams of the likes of Abrom and the Kenyonites, which makes our prospects of success over the first decade of the project even more feasbile that it would if be if we had the fur coat, no knickers mentality of the Chavski's of this world. Christ, even our shirt is the nicest in the land.

I hear Everton have now said they wouldn't sell JL for even £30 mill, which means the ball is in Lescott's court and if he doesn't put a request in within the next 24 hours, then sack it. We are making history and Joleyn Lescott hasn't put a transfer request in??? I don't want him if this gutless. Do you?

I enjoy reading some of your posts Pam but not this one.

vincent said:
Pam said:

Why has Lescott not handed in a transfer request? Is he insane? He stands to earn £25 mill more than he would otherwise have had over the course of the next five years and his chances of winning silverware will be outrageously better than it would be if he stayed where he was, and speaking of trophy winning, God only knows what bonus payments the players will be on for winning things. The pay structure across the board in fact has to be seen to be believed and is utterly inflation proof.

I hear Everton have now said they wouldn't sell JL for even £30 mill, which means the ball is in Lescott's court and if he doesn't put a request in within the next 24 hours, then sack it. We are making history and Joleyn Lescott hasn't put a transfer request in??? I don't want him if this gutless. Do you?

Fine, Vincent, but you should say why you don't like this one. I think the points made are all very legitimate.

I think you're being a bit arrogant there Pam. Maybe he has too much respect for his current employers and doesn't want to go down the transfer request route? I'm sure he would like to join us should Everton accept a bid for him, but that doesn't mean he actively wants to leave Everton.

Pam said:

Why has Lescott not handed in a transfer request? Is he insane? He stands to earn £25 mill more than he would otherwise have had over the course of the next five years and his chances of winning silverware will be outrageously better than it would be if he stayed where he was, and speaking of trophy winning, God only knows what bonus payments the players will be on for winning things. The pay structure across the board in fact has to be seen to be believed and what is better still, it is utterly inflation proof.

I hear Everton have now said they wouldn't sell JL for even £30 mill, which means the ball is in Lescott's court and if he doesn't put a request in within the next 24 hours, then sack it. We are making history and Joleyn Lescott hasn't put a transfer request in??? I don't want him if he is really this gutless. Do you?
The majority of your points are based on Lescot making lots of money.
Not everyone is Influenced by it... maybe Including Lescot.

Pam said:
vincent said:

Fine, Vincent, but you should say why you don't like this one. I think the points made are all very legitimate.

We have a lear jet. So what... Not surprised some of the Everton fans come on here when we start saying things like that. Yes, we have money, yes the players can travel by private plane and stay in top class hotels. That does not mean all players are going to want to come here. I think he may want to come to us but we have to accept not all players we try and sign are going to want to come. The ones that don't, well fair play to them especially if they are at clubs like Everton.

Ps. I am right up for winding the likes of DSOB up. But, we have to remember Everton are a huge club (similar size to ourselves), money is a big factor in everyones life but other things are important too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.