Not just a Lescott thread. More a transfer request thread.

Assuming he's being gutless is a little over the top and rather arrogant. It's always possible that he is being handsomely paid by Everton, has many friends there, and genuinely likes playing for the club.

Tricky_Trev said:
I think you're being a bit arrogant there Pam. Maybe he has too much respect for his current employers and doesn't want to go down the transfer request route? I'm sure he would like to join us should Everton accept a bid for him, but that doesn't mean he actively wants to leave Everton.

I'm just being a realist, Trev. It would be arrogant if I'd put down Everton is some way, but I didn't. I was just describing the situation as things stand and it is was it is, mate. And we're not exactly talking Mr Everton here, are we?

Very good post Pam. He doesn't seem to be publicly showing any desire to join us if that is the case we should swiftly move on.

personally I believe that he appreciates the affection of the Everton fans, but sees this as potentially a very good career move*, and would prefer to leave on good terms.

*THIS is an extremely arrogant P.O.V according to some Evertonians, who hold that, as we finished beneath them in the league, we are a step down.

BingoBango said:
Assuming he's being gutless is a little over the top and rather arrogant. It's always possible that he is being handsomely paid by Everton, has many friends there, and genuinely likes playing for the club.

That's just a feeble argument. If you applied that logic, no player would ever move anywhere. How many times have you changed jobs for better money and more prestige. You're not going to sit there saying, Oh but I have mates here, I think I'll stay. He'll make friends at City as well. Come on.

Pam said:
BingoBango said:

If you applied that logic, no player would ever move anywhere. How many times have you changed jobs for better money and more prestige. You're not going to sit there saying, Oh but I have mates here, I think I'll stay. He'll have mates at City as well. Come on.

People are different and are motivated by many different things. Some people will jump at the drop of a hat to make more money or live in a nicer place, some people are content with their lot. Perhaps Lescott is one of the latter, as Everton are not some no-mark club. If that's the case, I'm not going to have a go at him, strangely enough I quite respect someone like that.

I'm not professing to understand people with that mentality, but it happens.

i said the other day i don't think its as straightforward as that. due to the fact that its a world cup year he wants to being playing as much as he can and might think he is guaranteed a place in evertons 11 every week. if he comes to us he has far more competition

Lescott is the final piece in the puzzle. He's left sided solid CB and just as importantly is a good solid LB. He makes our squad balanced and will add goals from set pieces.....

I don't give two turds how this deal happens, whether he comes out and says he wants to come or not. Hughes clearly thinks he's the man for the job, so that will do me. Its his team and every signing this summer has been bang on the money.

I have faith we'll get him, but if we dont, i wont be convincing myself he's rubbish or we don't need him. I think he was target no2 after Terry.

I could be well wide of the mark here, but i wonder whether Lescott is sure in his own mind that he will actually get a regular game should he come to us? He's already seen Kolo Toure join the club and he'll be well aware that Onuoha and Kompany are quality defenders. And Dunne's still around too. With it being a world cup year, would he want to take such a risk at this moment in time? Next summer, he'd jump at the chance i reckon, but it's different in a world cup year. As i said though, i could be well wide of the mark, but i guess it's something that could be on his mind?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.