Not just a Lescott thread. More a transfer request thread.

Tricky_Trev said:
I could be well wide of the mark here, but i wonder whether Lescott is sure in his own mind that he will actually get a regular game should he come to us? He's already seen Kolo Toure join the club and he'll be well aware that Onuoha and Kompany are quality defenders. And Dunne's still around too. With it being a world cup year, would he want to take such a risk at this moment in time? Next summer, he'd jump at the chance i reckon, but it's different in a world cup year. As i said though, i could be well wide of the mark, but i guess it's something that could be on his mind?

If we are paying upwards of 20 million i think he'll play a few...

I don't like all this fence sitting. we have made a good offer and if he wants to join us then he should say so. I think he is going down the JT route where you say nothing and then when your current club gives you a better deal you can say you never wanted to leave and if they don't you can say you are leaving because your current club doesn't care.

If there is no answer by Monday - move on!

Johnny_on said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I could be well wide of the mark here, but i wonder whether Lescott is sure in his own mind that he will actually get a regular game should he come to us? He's already seen Kolo Toure join the club and he'll be well aware that Onuoha and Kompany are quality defenders. And Dunne's still around too. With it being a world cup year, would he want to take such a risk at this moment in time? Next summer, he'd jump at the chance i reckon, but it's different in a world cup year. As i said though, i could be well wide of the mark, but i guess it's something that could be on his mind?

If we are paying upwards of 20 million i think he'll play a few...
Well we've paid a similar amount for Santa Cruz and he'll hardly be playing every week. Also, if Kompany doesn't play centre back, the £18m De Jong could find himself on the bench for a while. Away from home, even Robinho at £32.5m cannot be guaranteed a place in the side with all the options we now have. We're paying a lot of money for nearly every player we get, so a player's price tag is hardly going to determine whether they start or not.

Difficult to really figure this one out, especially after ITKs saying 'done.'

Here's my take - agents need to keep placing players in clubs, and therefore need good working relationships with the board and manager. Negotiating a deal takes time, and agents need to keep onside with the management. If Lescott wants to come to us, it's up to him to show his hand. If he doesn't, then I'd move on and confound the ITKs. Mark Hughes seems to be biding his time with Lescott, but I think this weekend will be crucial. BUT how much is he worth ?

It isn't really Lescotts decision is it. If he does hand in a request it doesnt mean Everton will accept and then he is a villain amongst the fans. Fans he probably has a lot of respect for. If Everton accept the bid then he can cite not being wanted and can move on with a clear mind.

No doubt he is more than happy to stay at Everon if that should be the case.

i agree with you 100%, we keep hearing he wants to join us but hasn't taken the bull by the horn's by handing in a transfer request, I understand he may feel that he owe's Everton some loyalty for giving him the chance in the prem, but, regardless of the possible wage's he could get, it does make you wonder how much ambition he has, is he happy in his comfort zone!

johnmc said:
It isn't really Lescotts decision is it. If he does hand in a request it doesnt mean Everton will accept and then he is a villain amongst the fans. Fans he probably has a lot of respect for. If Everton accept the bid then he can cite not being wanted and can move on with a clear mind.

No doubt he is more than happy to stay at Everon if that should be the case.

No it isn't his decision (unless he has a break clause of some description in his contract) any more than it's Alonso's decision. It's strategy and it pushes the club into a corner and allows them to justify any subsequent sale to their supporters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.