Not just a Lescott thread. More a transfer request thread.

Interesting post but I'd rather walk away now and sign Mexes or a young player to cover Bridge.

city-till-i-cry said:
Pam said:
The following issue needs a thread of it's own. I think it is an important point but every time I raise it in the main thread, it sinks without trace because of all the other aspects of this proposed deal that e people are discussing. So I dedicate this thread to one question and one question only ... and here it is.

Why has Lescott not handed in a transfer request? Is he insane? He stands to earn £25 mill more than he would otherwise have had over the course of the next five years and his chances of winning silverware will be outrageously better than it would be if he stayed where he was, and speaking of trophy winning, God only knows what bonus payments the players will be on for winning things. The pay structure across the board in fact has to be seen to be believed and what is better still, it is utterly inflation proof.

Even the fringe benefits are second to none. We have a lear jet for the first team; we have state of the art training facilities that are endlessly being improved and developed and will, the owners promise, soon be the best in the world by a country mile ; we have an insane amount of money that not even an accountant could really get their head round, such is the unspeakable, mind-blowing enormity of it. Just as importantly, and unlike the pseudo millionaires of the Lerners and Glazers and Gillete's of this world, we're not afraid to spend it. It is also plain to see that the club is innovative and clever beyond the dreams of the likes of Abrom and the Kenyonites, which makes our prospects of success over the first decade of the project even more feasbile that it would if be if we had the fur coat, no knickers mentality of the Chavski's of this world. Christ, even our shirt is the nicest in the land.

I hear Everton have now said they wouldn't sell JL for even £30 mill, which means the ball is in Lescott's court and if he doesn't put a request in within the next 24 hours, then sack it. We are making history and Joleyn Lescott hasn't put a transfer request in??? I don't want him if he is really this gutless. Do you?

THERE IS A THREAD ON LESCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST HAVE A LOOK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

YOU SHOULD HAVE READ THE FIRST TWO LINES OF THE THREAD BEFORE YOU PUT YOUR THREAD POLICE SIREN ON AND FRIGHTEN THE HORSES. WHICH PART OF "The following issue needs a thread of it's own. I think it is an important point but every time I raise it in the main thread, it sinks without trace because of all the other aspects of this proposed deal that e people are discussing. So I dedicate this thread to one question and one question only" DO YOU REQIURE FURTHER CLARIFICATION ON? I AM SEROUSLY THINKING OF COMPLAINING TO YOUR SUPERINTENDENT WITH RESPECT TO THIS ISSUE.

Pam excellent post, certainly some food for thought, some of the replies are staggering from fellow blues.

The challenge is there for all to see, I agree if certain players don't fancy it for whatever reason, fuck em, they need to grow some bollox.

I still want Lescott come though and I'm sure he will.

Maybe Lescotts a dying breed - loyal to his club and supporters. Not everyone is guided by riches. Anyway, what gives us the devine right to believe that every player automatically wants to join us. That may come down the line when we are successful but not at the moment.
I personally would rather see Kompany or Onuha alongside Toure. The only thing that Lescott offers id a goal threat from set pieces and we now have plenty of that from our signings. As a defender I don't rate him that highly. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.

For my part, MH and GC with the chairman have a plan (even a cunning one) and no doubt every transfer has a timescale with margins of error, we know MH wants to conclude all transfer dealings before the prem starts if Lescot is the last piece in the jigsaw(I think it is) he will need to have the player signed no later than the end of the week, if for some reason he doesn't come, it still gives the club a further week to get a player in from elsewhere. The secondary option (Ade / Eto o and Toure/Terry ) seemed to have been signed far quicker than the main targets so I am optimistic whatever happens with the lescott saga another left footed centre half capable of playing left back will be ready for action prior to the Rovers game.

Pam said:
johnmc said:
He can't really lose. .

You must be joking! The train is leaving the station, John. As soon as we hit that top four, Lescott won't ever be on our radar again

I think it's very dangerous for City, be it the management, players or us fans, to start assuming that we have a divine right to break into the top 4.

Attitudes and presumptions like this are dangerous and also stand to make us extremely unpopular with the footballing fraternity as a whole. Arrogance is never an attractive quality and is not one that has ever been associated with the great club that we all love...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.