Not just a Lescott thread. More a transfer request thread.

Pam said:
DTKOAG said:
The majority of your points are based on Lescot making lots of money.
Not everyone is Influenced by it... maybe Including Lescot.

No. Some of it is about money. Just as much of it is about success on the field and being the best that you can be.
Yes but the only thing guaranteed is the money..

Pam said:
You must be joking! The train is leaving the station, John. As soon as we hit that top four, Lescott won't ever be on our radar again

We have done nothing yet though. You can't be certain that we will - other teams have spent big money and not won anything. I can't see that with us because it will be relentless until we are winning consistently.

However we don't know what Lescott is like, is he loyal, is he ambitious, is he happy to be on £50k a week playing for whoever?

Maybe he wants to play for Everton full stop.

Exactly, he might feel playing in europe this season gives him the best chance of getting into Capello's squad for the world cup, we can't offer him that

johnmc said:
dario2739 said:
So basically the ball is in Lescott's court - if he wants to come to us he needs to bang in a transfer request and Everton will have to deal - otherwise he can stay there on his £35,000 a week and watch us power past them in the league... depends how ambitious he is really.
I do believe all the players that have knocked us back so far will be kicking themselves come the end of the season.

Not everyone is the same though. Lescott could easily feel some loyalty towards Everton. He might not want to pay back the trust Moyes has shown in him, and thank moyes for turning him into an international by handing in a request.

And what warmth will Lescott be feeling towards Moyes when he slopes off to become the rags new manager (the senile one having departed in a fit of city-envying pique), leaving Lescott to ponder the consequences of being £25 million and several trophies light of what he might had Moyes done the decent thing and not stood in his way.

Pam, Man City may have all the money in the world but you are showing that you don't have an ounce of class using statements like Lescott is gutless....who knows if he wants to go and if he truely doesn't why does that make him gutless....surely that makes him the exact opposite doesn't it?? To give up £25 million extra as you said he'd earn takes more guts to turn down doesn't it?
I don't now the guy or profess to have any inkling of if he'll stay or leave but maybe just maybe he has a little respect for those people who employ him and those he works with ie his team-mates.....not forgetting of course the supporters who pay his wages.....i've been lurking here for a week or so reading what you guys have to say about new signings and watching what happens with Lescott etc and it saddens me to be fair....i live in Oldham yet am a scouser and obviously support Everton, i also work with a few City fans although Oldham seems to have more Liverpool fans (how does that work) and they are genuinely excited about what is going on at your club but they have never come across as arrogant, you and a few others on here i bet were slating Chelsea a few years back but you have now become in a very short space of time every bit as arrogant as those Chelsea fans were.
Jesus guys get excited, love your club, support it till you die but don't go down the same route as chelsea or god forbid Man U show a bit of class remember where you came from and savour every moment of every trophy you may win, i for one will be cheering you on all the way, if Everton Can't win any trophys i'd rather a club like City did.
One last thought to Pam....if Chelsea offered Steven Ireland to triple his wages to sign for them would you call him gutless for not signing, or gutless if he left?

royal_blue said:
Pam, Man City may have all the money in the world but you are showing that you don't have an ounce of class using statements like Lescott is gutless....who knows if he wants to go and if he truely doesn't why does that make him gutless....surely that makes him the exact opposite doesn't it?? To give up £25 million extra as you said he'd earn takes more guts to turn down doesn't it?
I don't now the guy or profess to have any inkling of if he'll stay or leave but maybe just maybe he has a little respect for those people who employ him and those he works with ie his team-mates.....not forgetting of course the supporters who pay his wages.....i've been lurking here for a week or so reading what you guys have to say about new signings and watching what happens with Lescott etc and it saddens me to be fair....i live in Oldham yet am a scouser and obviously support Everton, i also work with a few City fans although Oldham seems to have more Liverpool fans (how does that work) and they are genuinely excited about what is going on at your club but they have never come across as arrogant, you and a few others on here i bet were slating Chelsea a few years back but you have now become in a very short space of time every bit as arrogant as those Chelsea fans were.
Jesus guys get excited, love your club, support it till you die but don't go down the same route as chelsea or god forbid Man U show a bit of class remember where you came from and savour every moment of every trophy you may win, i for one will be cheering you on all the way, if Everton Can't win any trophys i'd rather a club like City did.
One last thought to Pam....if Chelsea offered Steven Ireland to triple his wages to sign for them would you call him gutless for not signing, or gutless if he left?

Good post, and welcome :)

'Gutless' was a tad harsh, Lescott knows the ball is in his court....if he wants to come to City, do what is necessary, if not, we move on like we have numerous times before.

I definitely dont want this to drag on for much longer, as good as I think Lescott is, there are players of equal/better ability we could be looking at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.