Not Slagging Tevez

as good a tevez is he will never be a SHAUN GOATER.

il thanks tevez for his goals and play but if he wants to go let him go, surely sum1 can come in and replace him, it may be hard but tevez was the best we could get when we not in the champions league

I've been going to games for nearly 40 years now and Tevez is one of the greatest players ever to pull on our shirt.
But he's also one of the most selfish twats you could ever come across. Watch him as he goes to pick up the F.A. Cup, he slyly takes off not one but two City scarves that have been placed around his neck by jubilant fans and puts them on the floor. This to me sums up the man. It wasn't Manchester City who won the Cup, it was Carlos Tevez of Argentina. Compare that to our next captain King Vinny, who was running round like a lunatic with a scarf tied round his head, not caring what he looked like.
Thanks Carlos, great poster, great goals and a 100% effort every game, but don't forget to shut the door on your way out.

bada bing said:
I've been going to games for nearly 40 years now and Tevez is one of the greatest players ever to pull on our shirt.
But he's also one of the most selfish twats you could ever come across. Watch him as he goes to pick up the F.A. Cup, he slyly takes off not one but two City scarves that have been placed around his neck by jubilant fans and puts them on the floor. This to me sums up the man. It wasn't Manchester City who won the Cup, it was Carlos Tevez of Argentina. Compare that to our next captain King Vinny, who was running round like a lunatic with a scarf tied round his head, not caring what he looked like.
Thanks Carlos, great poster, great goals and a 100% effort every game, but don't forget to shut the door on your way out.

eggs fuckin actly

I completely agree/ He has worked his balls off for us, and its hard not to sympathise with a guy whose biggest problem is HAVING TO LEAVE HIS KIDS IN ANOTHER COUNTRY FOR 3 QUARTERS OF THE YEAR. Seriously, give the man a break.

HellasLEAF said:
Some of the comments directed towards Tevez on this board, it goes to far.

No City player (outside Kompany who is a defender) has played harder for the club since his arrival. He's pounded every blade of grass, got stuck in proper every match, never takes a match off and left it all on the pitch for the club.

He scored how many goals, important brilliant goals for City in his time here. A golden boot to his name.

He was a key player in City's champions league birth and the 35 years banner is forever torn down.

He left United, to sign for our very own City, to stick it right in Fergie's face, and has been up for every Derby ever since.

He has decided it's time to leave. I'm disappointed. We all are. But the reasons are his own and we surely will be compensated. Life will go on. If he took games off, maybe, if he didn't play that hard, maybe, if he under performed or scored half the goals, maybe, or left with a trophy, maybe....

But I won't slag him. I ask proper City fans to get a grip, remember the good, and turn the page when he leaves.

Proper City fans FFS !!!

Its seems to be very difficult for some people to get their head around the fact that he could quite easily have left the club this summer without

1. Disrespecting the club
2. Disrespecting the manager
3. Disrespecting his teammates
4. Disrespecting the fans
5. Disrespecting the city

His reasons for leaving may well be genuine and I for one wont be booing him if he`s still here at the start of the season, neither will I be waving him off with a tear in my eye and thanking him for all he`s done if he goes, I take it that means I'm not a "proper fan"

Frankly he need to be gone asap, the longer he stays associated with City the more likely he is to sully the name of the club even further, to be honest I`ll be amazed if he sets foot in Manchester again.

bada bing said:
He probably thought they were not city scarves as they were red and he thinks "my team play in blue" so he takes them off. Let's be honest, he's not the brightest spark. People who got offended by that are probably the same ones who went mad when Balo gave Yaya a friendly slap.

here is the thing guys.

for me, 90% of my respect for a player comes from what he does on the pitch each week. he's a fooballer. and Tevez has earned my full respect for his relentless play, his class and his massive goals.

so the off the field stuff, random quotes from agents, stuff in the papers or him wanting to leave for family reasons or whatever reasons etc, is the 10%.

he's not perfect, we wanted him to be another 5-10 year City legend and it wasn't meant to be, but what he has done in his short time here can not be forgotten nor does it deserve these harsh words. how many players have gone across town from United to City, played as hard and been so integral to one of the best 2 seasons in City's history including that illusive major trophy.

HellasLEAF said:

No City player (outside Kompany who is a defender) has played harder for the club since his arrival. He's pounded every blade of grass, got stuck in proper every match, never takes a match off and left it all on the pitch for the club.

He scored how many goals, important brilliant goals for City in his time here. A golden boot to his name.

He was a key player in City's champions league birth and the 35 years banner is forever torn down.

He left United, to sign for our very own City, to stick it right in Fergie's face, and has been up for every Derby ever since.

He has decided it's time to leave. I'm disappointed. We all are. But the reasons are his own and we surely will be compensated. Life will go on. If he took games off, maybe, if he didn't play that hard, maybe, if he under performed or scored half the goals, maybe, or left with a trophy, maybe....

But I won't slag him. I ask proper City fans to get a grip, remember the good, and turn the page when he leaves.

Fully agree with the OP. It pisses me off when people slag Ireland off who clearly loved City and Adebayor who got Shot at and had a scoring record comparable with Clive Allen. They are professionals not fans. Thank them and move on.

ifiwasarichfan said:
HellasLEAF said:

Fully agree with the OP. It pisses me off when people slag Ireland off who clearly loved City and Adebayor who got Shot at and had a scoring record comparable with Clive Allen. They are professionals not fans. Thank them and move on.

He certainly hasn't acted like a professional has he, he could quite easily have come out with some bull at Xmas along the lines of, what an honour its been to captain the club but can no longer remain apart from his family etc etc.... in other words engineered a move for himself this summer, in a way that would have the vast majority of people on this board thanking him for what he`s done.

At the end of the day I`m well aware that the players who play for this club don't feel the same way about City as I do and that's perfectly acceptable, what isn't acceptable is for them to treat the club like shit and drag City`s name through the mud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.