Note to Micah Richards

Damocles said:
I know that Micah has been big for a few years now, but when he first broke in he was much smaller. There were rumours at the time of him hitting the weights in a big way, then lo and behold, a few months later he's the black Hulk Hogan.

Micah is, honestly, a poor full back. However, this isn't really his fault. I have a theory that it's impossible to be a good full back until your mid/late twenties, as the ability to read the game well enough doesn't come until then. If anybody can provide me with some world class full backs who are teenagers or early twenties, I'll concede my point.

Who`s fault is it then? Either you you are born with it or you are not. Micah is an athlete, he is not a top footballer. He has the build and the power but he lacks the poise on the ball.

My message to Micah:
I believe in you Micah, and I'll be behind you til the day you leave City. Work on the areas that you need to improve in, show dedication and commitment and prove all the twats who have doubted you wrong. Prove that you're the future of English football, as said by the same people just a few years ago. Become part of what's happening at City by reaching your full potential and cementing a place in the team.

Go and say that to his face in revolution nightclub on thursday night in wilmslow. I payed close attention to him and it was june end of season and didnt see him drink a single thing just saw him dancing with city reject ishmael. Dont you think he would rather be in south africa than dancing with teenage nobodys on a student night?

wilmslowblue said:
Go and say that to his face in revolution nightclub on thursday night in wilmslow. I payed close attention to him and it was june end of season and didnt see him drink a single thing just saw him dancing with city reject ishmael. Dont you think he would rather be in south africa than dancing with teenage nobodys on a student night?

Can't see him getting here in time from Oz for this Thursday?

Maybe he can make it over for next Thursday, bit of forward planning.

Damocles said:
I know that Micah has been big for a few years now, but when he first broke in he was much smaller. There were rumours at the time of him hitting the weights in a big way, then lo and behold, a few months later he's the black Hulk Hogan.

Micah is, honestly, a poor full back. However, this isn't really his fault. I have a theory that it's impossible to be a good full back until your mid/late twenties, as the ability to read the game well enough doesn't come until then. If anybody can provide me with some world class full backs who are teenagers or early twenties, I'll concede my point.

I have to agree with damocles. My take on Richards is that his impulsive personality means he will never possess any sense of calmness on a pitch to be good defender. This is on top of lacking good basic ball control skills. Zab is a better player but its clear we still need a top quality right back. Hopefully Boateng is it.

There are some players (just like people in all walks of life) who have masses of self belief and that of course is needed and stoked in junior years to get them to progress.

The problem becomes when their emotional intelligence has no 'give'. They either live in their own world of poor self-awareness or crack and fail under the added pressures of being a grown up in a grown up world.

Incidentally I would say we saw a mix of both of these behaviours in the World Cup for England.

Rooney simply could not understand how he and the team could be booed after a woeful performance (and of course we all know the apology was prepared by others dont we?) and then failed to achieve any reasonable level of performance. Now Sir AF says he couldn't handle the pressure due to his tender years.

Perhaps Micah and Wayne are where they are going to be due to their lack of EI?

They are too cosseted and in being handled every minute and never having to really face responsibilities in the real world they have no chance to develop as people.

Its just my viewpoint from afar but the signs are there.

It is a shame that footballers havent seen the signs in others, both good and bad.

I would love to see the grounded attitude of Ned for example in more of the players at City

I would like to see the real honesty of AJ in more players.

And I would like the professionalism of Big Pat in ALL the younger players at City.

Why do England fail? Because the players never have to take a step back , look at themselves or take responsibility for anything - let alone failure.

****rant ends****

Absolute garbage!!

Come on Micah - prove the doubters wrong.

The true City fans will be behind you next season.

To sell Micah would be a very big mistake, I see him being a large part of our future so get used to it or move on

Damocles said:

Phillip Lahm, he was the only real highlight of the German team in Euro 2004 - he's now captain of a country that got to the World Cup Semi-Final, can play LB or RB and is still only 26. There's one.

Edited this after I thought about it for a while - Paulo Maldini, now there's 2

I remember the kippax said:
Damocles said:

Phillip Lahm, he was the only real highlight of the German team in Euro 2004 - he's now captain of a country that got to the World Cup Semi-Final, can play LB or RB and is still only 26. There's one.

Edited this after I thought about it for a while - Paulo Maldini, now there's 2

Hard to believe that Lahm is only 26, feels like he's been around for yonks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.