Nothing coming in this window?

If we want the title we need a centre half. Vinny looks done ,magala confidence shot. An injury to ottimendi and we're fucked.we are in 4 competitions, we simply have to bring someone in.

Don't remember Fernando offering too many killer passes to be honest .

That was exactly the point of my comment. He doesnt and that isnt his game.

These are just my thoughts, and i dont want to destroy others opinions and state this is the only possible interpretation, so here we go...

I see 4 main midfielder roles, Defensive Midfielder, A Deep Lying Playmaker, Box to Box and Attacking Midfielder

For me Fernando is a defensive Midfielder - his job is to break up play and recycle it to someone nearby.

You then have your Deep Lying Playmakers - a Toure or a Xavi - Pull the strings from where a DM plays, but shouldnt be confused for being one. Adds numbers to attack if we are bossing possesion. (Where I eventually think Silva will Play)

Box to Box midfielder - A delph / Fernandinho - Not necessarily the best players in the squad, but have the engine to get up and down to add balance / numbers.

Attacking Midfielder - Provides Width going forward but has the work-rate to get back and drop in to protect fullbacks.

In my opinion it is balance which we lack, and what I hope (if he comes) Pep will add.

If he comes I fully expect us to line up with something like below where you would have one of each. By definition though - they are all midfielders, so i can underdtand the different opinions people have on what a role is and what there job is.

..........Keeper
RB.....CB.....CB.....LB
...........CDM
......DLP......B-B
RW .................LW
...........CF

I came in peace....its only my opinion.....

I'd be very surprised if we signed anyone this transfer window, yes the squad certainly has issues, and strengthening in a number of positions wouldn't go amiss, but given the difficulty in attracting the right calibre of player in January, I fully suspect we'll look to address our issues at the end of the season. We might bring in a youth prospect or two I suppose, to add to the academy or EDS squads, but I wouldn't be expecting anyone to arrive that would have an impact on the first team squad.

I'd be very surprised if we signed anyone this transfer window, yes the squad certainly has issues, and strengthening in a number of positions wouldn't go amiss, but given the difficulty in attracting the right calibre of player in January, I fully suspect we'll look to address our issues at the end of the season. We might bring in a youth prospect or two I suppose, to add to the academy or EDS squads, but I wouldn't be expecting anyone to arrive that would have an impact on the first team squad.

That will only happen if the manager shows a little faith in the EDS,something he's turned a blind eye to upto now this season,can't see it changing me neither,so the cheque book will be out I think

Yeah, I can't see anyone coming in either. I think we'll see quite a big upheaval of the squad in summer in preparation for Guardiola's arrival, but think we'll stick with what we have this campaign. I share Bill's conccerns about our centre-half situation, but I think they're hoping that Mangala can rediscover his form, and that Sagna can play there in an emergency.

Whilst a few positions need addressing I do not think we will see the cheque book coming out this window. In any case January signings can in the main be disruptive.
Let's go with what we have got and see where it leads us come the end of the season.

Yeah, I can't see anyone coming in either. I think we'll see quite a big upheaval of the squad in summer in preparation for Guardiola's arrival, but think we'll stick with what we have this campaign. I share Bill's conccerns about our centre-half situation, but I think they're hoping that Mangala can rediscover his form, and that Sagna can play there in an emergency.

Is Denayer looking like he's not being recalled then Ric?

Plus where does it leave Denayer if we add yet another centre half?

In the summer I'd be looking at Demichelis, and possibly Mangala, being let go, and us looking to sign a top quality centre half, someone like Stones if we can, and add Denayer in to make the 4 (alongside Kompany and Otamendi).

giphy.gif

It really is a case of stick or twist. I'd be tempted to strengthen the back four but share Ric and Mattys concerns. It's the only part of the pitch where we've constantly looked short this year with the injury situation bar Sergio, but we probably feel we've got enough strengh in depth to cover for him.
I'd be surprised if anyone else came in from an attacking point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.