Nothing coming in this window?

They're all the wrong type of defensive midfielder though.

Fernandinho and Delph are box to box midfielders, Fernando is a destroyer type - he's only ever going to break up play and recycle the ball.

What we need is someone capable of replacing Yaya's control on the game, while being defensively solid. Someone who can play a killer pass, link attack and defence, make us transition quickly by getting the ball off someone like Fernando/Fernandinho/Delph and then releasing the front 4 immediately so our forwards are playing with space to run into and fewer defenders back.

Which is obviously why we're linked with Weigl, who is exactly this player.

I would argue that is exactly what a defensive midfielder is, so i dont see how Fernando doesnt fit in that bracket.

I would argue that is exactly what a defensive midfielder is, so i dont see how Fernando doesnt fit in that bracket.

If you cant see the difference between Weigl and Fernando you don't have eyes. They are completely different types of player.

If you cant see the difference between Weigl and Fernando you don't have eyes. They are completely different types of player.

I've never seen Weigl play so cant answer on that, but my comment was as to the definition of what a defensive midfielders job is. Surely it is there job to break it up and recycle it, to a box to box midfielder hence the way we set up.

The only thing Pellegrini cant see is that, as you have said, dinho, delph and yaya are all box to box, so we currently dont have that balance. (Although dinho does a job to cover Yaya's arse, even though its not his preferred role)

I've never seen Weigl play so cant answer on that, but my comment was as to the definition of what a defensive midfielders job is. Surely it is there job to break it up and recycle it, to a box to box midfielder hence the way we set up.

The only thing Pellegrini cant see is that, as you have said, dinho, delph and yaya are all box to box, so we currently dont have that balance. (Although dinho does a job to cover Yaya's arse, even though its not his preferred role)

There's loads of different defensive midfielders though. De Jong type destroyers who break up play, or Barry types who control possession, or Pirlo type playmakers.

Our problem is that Yaya isn't fit enough to play every week, and no one else is good enough on the ball or at passing to control possession or move the ball quickly from defence to attack. Delph Fernandinho and Fernando don't have the ability to create anything.

There's loads of different defensive midfielders though. De Jong type destroyers who break up play, or Barry types who control possession, or Pirlo type playmakers.

Our problem is that Yaya isn't fit enough to play every week, and no one else is good enough on the ball or at passing to control possession or move the ball quickly from defence to attack. Delph Fernandinho and Fernando don't have the ability to create anything.
Delph does (and is starting to show that) but needs consistent starts to prove that aptitude—while Manuel is here that won't happen, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.